Patriot Mobile

Missing helicopter found - something odd going on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The helicopter was on a flight from NV to CA with five Marines on board. It didn't show up as expected and was found today near San Diego. They are now looking for the five on board. That, by itself seemed odd to me. They went on to say that Biden has been briefed on it and that they were not releasing other information for now.
    What do y'all think we have here? Gone AWOL? A joyride gone wrong?
    I'll post updates if I see more info.
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Weather.

"The search comes as San Diego is experiencing a winter storm that has produced heavy rain since Tuesday night and has brought several inches of snow to the mountains."

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yeah, the weather may be it. They were getting that "river in the sky" out west and there was snow falling where the search was going on. Maybe went down in the snow and had to leave the chopper to keep from freezing? Still, don't you leave a note?

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Radios didn't work? ELT wasn't activated (although that was probably the "ping" mentioned in the article)? They didn't squawk emergency on transponder? Odd.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Hmmmm.....very odd. Back in my USAF days all our Huey's had cold weather survival kits (for the winters in South Dakota) and summer kits. All had emergency EPIRB type equipment strobes, ect....

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2023
    Lakeway
    Controlled flight into terrain. The mountains rise to 5500 feet in the area, their last radar altitude fix was 5100 feet. There is no one AT the crash site, they can just observe it from a nearby location.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Controlled flight into terrain. The mountains rise to 5500 feet in the area, their last radar altitude fix was 5100 feet. There is no one AT the crash site, they can just observe it from a nearby location.
    This makes the most sense. ELT would have self-activated, explaining the "ping".

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The helicopter was on a flight from NV to CA with five Marines on board. It didn't show up as expected and was found today near San Diego. They are now looking for the five on board. That, by itself seemed odd to me. They went on to say that Biden has been briefed on it and that they were not releasing other information for now.
    What do y'all think we have here? Gone AWOL? A joyride gone wrong?
    I'll post updates if I see more info.
    WAS @Hoji THE PILOT?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    giphy.gif

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Especially for the POS Sea Stallion. Probably the biggest killer of Marines, next to the Osprey.
    I'm not convinced that is accurate? That bird has been flying in Corps for damn near 60 years in different variants with a really good safety record. Air Force uses the 53 for the Jolly Green. We called the 46 "The Crowd Killer" when I was in a lot of years ago. My nephew was SgtMaj for 361 several years ago. A pretty good outfit. I'll wait to see the report but God rest the souls of those Marines.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom