• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    With the right bullet, it has more than enough ass. Even with a heart lung shot, it can take several minutes to die. Regardless of caliber.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Oh precious, you think there's still ammo on shelves. I handload 143gr ELD-X bullets for her 6.5CM AR. I just had a bad experience with that caliber, she shot a hog with it and it laid down to die. I decided to finish it, blew it's heart out at 10 yards with my 500 S&W lever gun, the bastard got up and charged me. Managed to put one in the spine at 3 feet using the Force.

Probably just a tough hog, but left me wondering if the 6.5 has enough ass.

I have been fortunate enough to reload as well. Also still able to find a few boxes at Academy depending on the day once in a while. Its usually the last ammo on the shelf besides grendel.

Ive shot plenty of hogs with 5.56 & 6.5 grendel in the neck...they usually drop on the spot.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'm booking a hunt for the Mrs. She wants to get an Axis deer and a 4 Horned Jacob Sheep. I asked the outfitter about minimum calibers for both critters and got a generic-sounding reply that you need a 300 Winmag for both. While I'm sure this guy is trying to maximize chance to kill, I'm detecting a strong aroma of bovine droppings, and a 300 Winmag is not practical for her to shoot.

I imagine any practical deer cartridge will work on Axis but no idea how tough a Jacob sheep is.
    Be sure to check the hunting regs forthe states whereyou plan to hunt. Several have minimum calibers or minimum energy at 100-200 yards. Colorado for example

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Geez, I wonder what he would have advised Bell to kill elephants with. What a dork!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have an AR-10 in 7-08 with a brake on it that is more accurate than I am. As long as that has enough critter killing power and she doesn't insist on using her 6.5CM, that's an option.

6.5CM would work for both with a good shot. Nice thing about the CM, is its easier to make a good shot.

Top Bottom