1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm not trolling .. Just not taking any crap from
    the Un-Welcome Committee.

You're about the be the second person I've EVER put on "ignore" on this forum. Then again, given your proclivity for announcing your general ill-will and boorish behavior, you likely won't last long enough here to worry with.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    You're about the be the second person I've EVER put on "ignore" on this forum. Then again, given your proclivity for announcing your general ill-will and boorish behavior, you likely won't last long enough here to worry with.
    I commented on Struck equipment.. Which I 1st familiarized myself with in the 90's. That is not a crime, and the subject of the thread. I've seen Struck equipment in person. You said my commenting was a crime.. because "I'd expressed a PERSONAL opinion" .. A laughable charge on a public forum. You're putting me on 'ignore'? Sounds good.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'm kind of wondering if this might be the re-incarnation Gambler.

Would this be Gambler 7.0, or 8.0?

Hell, I've lost count with the number of times he's been here under new names and got banned!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sigh.
    Bill, please don't let the "unwelcome committee " run you off.
    Just state your piece, based on experience, and move on to the next conversation that interests you.
    Wow. Bill gets to act like a know it all expert, and we get chastised for calling him out. Again, wow.

I'm guessing the butt-hurt went deeper than I thought.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    deadhorse.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I commented on Struck equipment.. Which I 1st familiarized myself with in the 90's. That is not a crime, and the subject of the thread. I've seen Struck equipment in person. You said my commenting was a crime.. because "I'd expressed a PERSONAL opinion" .. A laughable charge on a public forum. You're putting me on 'ignore'? Sounds good.
    Yes Bill, you are entitled to YOUR opinion. I very clearly expressed why I was not interested in your suggestion. And asked you to read through the thread, as it had already been covered and I had already given it thought and rejected it for my own reasons. I again explained my reasons, to which you decided to "lecture" me on your experiences with skid steers and your 25 years of background in diesels and hydraulics.

Last I checked, the 1990's was about thirty years ago. I'm sure the equipment that Struck was making and selling then, might be much different currently. If you had also read through the thread, you would have read that I sent off for product information and brochures on the Struck equipment to gain some understanding of their products. You would have also noted that I linked more than a few YT videos of the equipment being used, both from consumers, and those from Struck themselves.

Not my first rodeo @BillDFW12, and probably won't be my last.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    you can rent a bobcat several times for that 5K and never have to worry about repairs or upkeep.
    I am very well aware of that, and that has already been pointed out and discussed, and not the direction I want to go. Renting is fine for something you only might use once or twice, or can't afford to buy when it's a specialized tool.

Personally, I don't like renting. My projects are ongoing and changing, and I want something that can be used affordably for my needs and wants, and is versatile. That was the very reason I looked into this equipment in the first place.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Yes Bill, you are entitled to YOUR opinion. I very clearly expressed why I was not interested in your suggestion. And asked you to read through the thread, as it had already been covered and I had already given it thought and rejected it for my own reasons. I again explained my reasons, to which you decided to "lecture" me on your experiences with skid steers and your 25 years of background in diesels and hydraulics.

Last I checked, the 1990's was about thirty years ago. I'm sure the equipment that Struck was making and selling then, might be much different currently. If you had also read through the thread, you would have read that I sent off for product information and brochures on the Struck equipment to gain some understanding of their products. You would have also noted that I linked more than a few YT videos of the equipment being used, both from consumers, and those from Struck themselves.

Not my first rodeo @BillDFW12, and probably won't be my last.
    Struck still uses thin gauge metal in critical areas on their mini dozer kits.. Just like they did in the 90's. Having a different take than yours on equipment I have 1st hand knowledge of and made 2 post about...is not a lecture.. It's simply a notation of experience made for everyone's benefit..including yours.
    People are free to double check , accept, or discard
    my experiences as they see fit. But I'm not going to stop sharing or posting those experiences.. No matter how adamant the protest.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Struck still uses thin gauge metal in critical areas on their mini dozer kits.. Just like they did in the 90's. Having a different take than yours on equipment I have 1st hand knowledge of and made 2 post about...is not a lecture.. It's simply a notation of experience made for everyone's benefit..including yours.
    People are free to double check , accept, or discard
    my experiences as they see fit. But I'm not going to stop sharing or posting those experiences.. No matter how adamant the protest.
    Do you actually own a Struck, or have you owned one in the past? And again, you are making presumptions about my experience with equipment.

Again, what knowledge do you have they are using thin gauge sheet metal? If you have some sort of proof, they please show it.

All I'm seeing is that you are saying something without supplying any proof or evidence to support your opinions. So why should I heed your advice on this?

Opinions are not facts Bill. If you expect me to even give consideration to your "experiences" then back up with some facts and proof.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Do you actually own a Struck, or have you owned one in the past? And again, you are making presumptions about my experience with equipment.

Again, what knowledge do you have they are using thin gauge sheet metal? If you have some sort of proof, they please show it.

All I'm seeing is that you are saying something without supplying any proof or evidence to support your opinions. So why should I heed your advice on this?

Opinions are not facts Bill. If you expect me to even give consideration to your "experiences" then back up with some facts and proof.
    Struck/Magnatrack RS1000 has thin metal.. front and rear on Blade pivots and attatchment ponts. I have seen the RS1000 in person. You shouldn't take my advice at all.. You should just go spend $5000 on one and find out what they are worth on the used/market after 2 months of filling in holes. And find out how well the thin metal holds up on your own dime. Struck RS1000 Video:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Struck/Magnatrack RS1000 has thin metal.. front and rear on Blade pivots and attatchment ponts. I have seen the RS1000 in person. You shouldn't take my advice at all.. You should just go spend $5000 on one and find out what they are worth on the used/market after 2 months of filling in holes. And find out how well the thin metal holds up on your own dime. Struck RS1000 Video:

Bill, I posted that same video and watched it, along with many more about the Struck equipment.

Funny thing is, I searched pretty much high and low and can't seem to find hardly any used ones for sale.

Also I read lots of reviews by customers and find most seem rather pleased with their Struck equipment.

And find out how well the thin metal holds up on your own dime.

You are absolutely correct. My dime Bill. Again, you are not providing any facts or proof that leads me to think I should give consideration into making a decision on this.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Watched some of the vids. Looks very underwhelming in terms of usefulness. Doesn’t appear to offer any advantage over a small tractor, even an older one. Some comments by the video uploader seem to confirm this, like the guy who uses one for a garden talking about what it takes to clear the grass.

Maybe get it in to smaller areas, but looks like it will take much longer to get anything done, if it can do it. The blade looks pretty thin and may bend easily if a bigger engine is used for more pushing power, something to consider. And the rippers don’t look very sturdy on the ones shown using them either. Looses traction a lot when shown on soft soils as well.

Neat concept, but doesn’t seem to work as well as most other options for the same task. More like something a plumber might use for covering a trench, except a DitchWich probably has more pushing power and can dig the trench itself.

The lack of common use is probably an indicator or their value of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Watched some of the vids. Looks very underwhelming in terms of usefulness. Doesn’t appear to offer any advantage over a small tractor, even an older one. Some comments by the video uploader seem to confirm this, like the guy who uses one for a garden talking about what it takes to clear the grass.

Maybe get it in to smaller areas, but looks like it will take much longer to get anything done, if it can do it. The blade looks pretty thin and may bend easily if a bigger engine is used for more pushing power, something to consider. And the rippers don’t look very sturdy on the ones shown using them either. Looses traction a lot when shown on soft soils as well.

Neat concept, but doesn’t seem to work as well as most other options for the same task. More like something a plumber might use for covering a trench, except a DitchWich probably has more pushing power and can dig the trench itself.

The lack of common use is probably an indicator or their value of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have done quite a bit of research on this already. Personally, I think it will be well suited for the purposes I intend to use it for.

I have already owned a small tractor, and have access to three if a tractor was what I thought I needed. So I have discarded the idea of getting a tractor. A skid steer is way out of my budget, especially when factoring in maintenance costs, repairs, labor and parts. That's even considering one that I could afford, and then I'm looking at a possible rebuild and possibly major repair costs. Not feasible for my needs. I don't want to rent one either. I want something I own to use when I want to use it. Renting one in my area, would cost about $350 to $500 a day when you factor in delivery charges, or having to go pick it up, and then return it when done. Again, not feasible for my needs.

Yes, I very much understand it will take much longer to do a job than a skid steer or a small bulldozer and for my purposes and since I'm retired, I have the time and have no desire to use this piece of equipment to make money with. If I hire someone to do the work for me, then I would have make sure that they understand exactly how I want things done.

Also, it's not like I'm asking anyone to foot the bill on this. It may end up being a total flop, and a huge waste of money, but since it's my money, and decision, I get to do as I want. Everyone else is free to make their choices and to do as they please.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I fully understand the reluctance to rent. I think if half of the pickup truck owners on this forum were honest with themselves, they could get by with a much more economical vehicle choice and rent a truck at Home Depot when needed at a cheaper overall price. I’m included in that number BTW. There‘s a lot to be said about the convenience of using your own equipment, the flexibility to use it without being rushed to finish the job, no restrictions on how it’s used, and it’s just to have another toy to play around with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I fully understand the reluctance to rent. I think if half of the pickup truck owners on this forum were honest with themselves, they could get by with a much more economical vehicle choice and rent a truck at Home Depot when needed at a cheaper overall price. I’m included in that number BTW. There‘s a lot to be said about the convenience of using your own equipment, the flexibility to use it without being rushed to finish the job, no restrictions on how it’s used, and it’s just to have another toy to play around with.
    Pretty much that in a nutshell.

I also understand that the Struck mini-dozer will have limitations on what it can and can't do.

And with the welding machine, cutting tools, power equipment and scrap metal I have around, it's not like I can't or won't address issues and modify the dozer to suit my needs and make it work better.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Looking at the tracks, I'd be real tempted to tack on some square stock to every 2nd or 3rd track to give 'em some "bite" in the ground. And yeah - that blade is thin as hell - but if you're just going to be pushing dirt and light material around, it'll probably do okay. Bear in mind - I've run everything up to 977K's, and have dug more than one tank with one. There's ALWAYS something bigger/better/more capable....until it has to come out of YOUR wallet! LOL
    For ME it wouldn't work - I don't have the patience. Yet I've used Bobcat's more than once to clear many a mile of fenceline that a larger machine would have done in half the time...at 3 times the cost.
    Whatever you use, it'll never be quite "big enough"...or else it's gonna be TOO damn big. And if you can just afford ONE, yeah - go with what the budget allows - both in initial cost AND maintenance. Blades and pivot points can be rebuilt/beefed up.

Top Bottom