• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have seen these small, or mini-bulldozers for sale for many years in various magazines. Know very little about them though. Went to the Struck website, and they have one that can be built with common hand tools at home in your garage. This one is the one I'm looking at and considering on buying.

I'd like to order it with the engine delete, so I can source the engine and parts from a used riding mower so I can build it with a little larger engine and have electric start instead of pull start.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or others? I'm not looking to knock over huge oak trees and such, but mainly to move small piles of dirt, grade the driveway, clear some smaller underbrush and other lighter jobs. Exploring some options right now and looking for advice , suggestions or any other input.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have seen these small, or mini-bulldozers for sale for many years in various magazines. Know very little about them though. Went to the Struck website, and they have one that can be built with common hand tools at home in your garage. This one is the one I'm looking at and considering on buying.

I'd like to order it with the engine delete, so I can source the engine and parts from a used riding mower so I can build it with a little larger engine and have electric start instead of pull start.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or others? I'm not looking to knock over huge oak trees and such, but mainly to move small piles of dirt, grade the driveway, clear some smaller underbrush and other lighter jobs. Exploring some options right now and looking for advice , suggestions or any other input.
    You got a big sand box needing cat poop removed?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Never take yourself too serious!

But seriously, main usage would driveway grading and pushing dirt to build up some low areas around the property. Plus clearing out some underbrush and such.
    What ever you do dont order parts from the place you order lawnmower parts from. You will never get to finish it much less use it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    What ever you do dont order parts from the place you order lawnmower parts from. You will never get to finish it much less use it.
    It's a complete DIY kit, that can be ordered with or without the engine and has lots of various options for blades and such for it.

Plus, I like the idea of building it myself. That's why I'd order it without the engine, and find an older riding mower with a 15 or 17 horsepower engine and electric start to mount on the dozer.

Even with shipping costs, I should be able to buy it for less than $5000.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I am not sure the standard vertical shaft mower engine will work since they are showing a horizontal shaft motor and if you look at the pictures where it is in the chassis, you can see belt guards to match that configuration.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I am not sure the standard vertical shaft mower engine will work since they are showing a horizontal shaft motor and if you look at the pictures where it is in the chassis, you can see belt guards to match that configuration.
    I went and studied the pictures a little better and you are correct, they are using a horizontal shaft engine, and most riding mowers do use a vertical shaft engine. So that's a no-go right there.

But, I went to Harbor Freight and Northern Tool & Equipment, and browsed around. Harbor Freight has a 420 cc engine with electric start for $399, which is a little bigger engine than the one supplied, and would be about $200 less in cost.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I went and studied the pictures a little better and you are correct, they are using a horizontal shaft engine, and most riding mowers do use a vertical shaft engine. So that's a no-go right there.

But, I went to Harbor Freight and Northern Tool & Equipment, and browsed around. Harbor Freight has a 420 cc engine with electric start for $399, which is a little bigger engine than the one supplied, and would be about $200 less in cost.

Good deal. Just wanted to make sure you were not going to be surprised. The next thing I noticed was their gear for the driveshaft was a specific size….3/4” if I recall…so you might check that out to verify what I saw was correct and see what the shaft size on those engines are.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'd like to see someone make a mini "Killdozer"

1630977837009.png

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Let me start by saying I have never seen anything like that before. Didn't even know it was a thing.

While I didn't price it all out I'm guessing you'd be close to $6k or more by the time you were done (kit, attachments, engine, shipping, tax).

To be perfectly honest I'd avoid it and rent a skid steer as needed. Or find a quality used small tractor.

Just my $0.02.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Howe & Howe made them.

Top Bottom