• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Obviously used condition. Mini 30 7.62x39 ranch rifle, comes with scope rings. 1- 5 round magazine. Have 40 rounds of FMJ if traded in person.
    Lots of life left in it. Blue wear around muzzle and on contact points of action.
    Stock has a few scuffs on it but nothing bad. It's a working rifle.

Looking specifically for a Marlin 45/70 guide series or Winchester trapper, stainless or blued doesnt make much difference. Stainless just looks better. Will also consider any 45/70 single shot within trade value range (No H&R's please). I'm just a fan of short leverguns and quality long rifles in general.

PM with any questions. I'll be in the Austin area around Oct 12, for now, I'm in Lubbock.
    Will ship to you if you ship to me.
    View attachment 5207 View attachment 5208
    Hurley's Gold

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Are those thing ammo sensitive? Do they eat milsurp as good as off the shelf stuff.
    The reason im asking is in reference to the SKS yugo's. Some people have slam firing problem with them but I never have. I blam it on the soft primers like winchester uses in the walmart 7.62 ammo. All I run through my SKS's is milsurp and it has harder primers.
    I've been looking at the mini 30's and was wondering if they would eat milsurp ammo and fire the primers good enough.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I've never had a primer related problem with it. I've fired anything from Federal power-shok hunting loads to Chinese surplus armor piercing without a problem.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    The slam fires on the SKS's are mainly because of the floating firing pin being stuck in the forward position in the bolt. It's not the guns fault its operator error when that happens because they obviously don't know how to clean their weapon. I replaced mine with a murrays and have never had a problem. I haven't ever heard of soft primers causing slam fires but I could be wrong. Didn't mean to hijack your post.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I have a Mini30 I swapped for a while back. It fires Wolf and Chinese ammo with no problems, never a failure to fire or extract, reasonably accurate and a scope may be mounted by using Ruger scope rings. American made, parts readily available, a good rifle. Mine's not for sale.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I'm not really trying to sell it yet. If I get cash in my pocket then it just disappears and I'll have nothing to show for it.
    If I don't get any trade offers within a decent amount of time, i'll update the add with a sale price, i'm still working out what would be a fair price, gunbroker doesn't have hardly any mini 30's listed and texasguntrader isn't realistic.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Un-traded. Still available. Looking for old wood and steel, or replicas. Cimarron lever guns in pistol calibers, etc.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Will also trade for a AK 74 or 47 with ammo depending on what type it is, be it Yugo, Polish, Maadi, folding, wire or fixed stock, etc.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom