• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Be forewarned, the USAF Thunderbirds were practicing at Randolph AFB when I was over there about an hour ago; and people were driving even worse than usual trying to watch the pretty jets scream by!

It didn't look like a huge shop, but they had a lot crammed into it from what I could see looking through the front window! :)
    Lynx Defense

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well, I learned something new today...Armed Forces Supply in Converse is closed on Mondays! :(

I'll edit my post above to reflect that. Don't know when I'll get back there again...

Apparently, they are closed on Tuesday's as well!!!! :banghead: I don't think he keeps regular hours. Sucks for him, I had money to spend.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, finally got by there about an hour-and-a-half ago. It's a small shop and the aisles are tight, but there's some interesting stuff in it (mainly milsurp electronics).

A few quick pics....

IMAG2242_zpspsc1qt7d.jpg

IMAG2243_zpsmrmtpgdb.jpg

IMAG2244_zps41h3f3ll.jpg

IMAG2245_zpsainnu6ph.jpg

I can't say it's worth the 30-mile trip each way, but I did pick up a few small items. I'd say if you're in the area then it's worth a quick stop; but don't make a special trip! If anything, Military City Surplus just north of Ft Sam has a better selection and set-up; plus there's a US Patriot just across Harry Wurzbach!

Cheers! M2

TK6411

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. Always looking for a good Mil Surplus store in and around San Antonio. I didn't know about Armed Forces Supply, thanks majormadmax.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well, finally got by there about an hour-and-a-half ago. It's a small shop and the aisles are tight, but there's some interesting stuff in it (mainly milsurp electronics).

A few quick pics....

IMAG2242_zpspsc1qt7d.jpg

IMAG2243_zpsmrmtpgdb.jpg

I can't say it's worth the 30-mile trip each way, but I did pick up a few small items. I'd say if you're in the area then it's worth a quick stop; but don't make a special trip! If anything, Military City Surplus just north of Ft Sam has a better selection and set-up; plus there's a US Patriot just across Harry Wurzbach!

Cheers! M2

Thanks Max, I didn't realize US Patriot was where it was. For some reason I was thinking it was on base.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Armed Forces Supply isn't great, but they got actual military surplus there.

Some of the zanier stuff are the Panasonic (I think) tough-book laptops, and flight sticks/avionics gauges from Helicopters and things like that which I guess are pretty cool; they also sell the usual run-of-the-mill assortment of MRE's and first aid supplies. They have old uniforms, flight suits, the standard selection of old PASGT helmets, and random survival equipment (bagged emergency drinking water, tin can fuel stoves, reflectors, etc. etc).

They're not far from my house, and even then I don't usually stop in unless I'm literally right in that shopping center. The most I've ever bought from there were some current-issue USGI XL knee pads for $10. Overall it's not a bad place, but like some of the others said, don't expect the world from it; usually I'm in and out in less 10 minutes and that's if I really take my time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, it is a cool little shop. I wish it was bigger, and closer to my side of town; but I got to Randolph on occasion and will swing by there from time to time when the opportunity allows. But for the most part, most of my milsurp acquisitions will probably still come from the Sportsman's Guide! :D

Funny you mentioned the tough-book laptops, I showed the pics I posted to a buddy at work who is also a military surplus buff; and he got really excited because he renovates military electronics like that. Unfortunately, after he called he learned they weren't the model he thought they were. :(

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just an update, Armed Forces Supply in Schertz is open on Saturdays again. I stopped by there a few weeks ago and talked to the young lady working there, she recently returned after working somewhere else for a while and said she talked the owner into letting her open the door on Saturdays.

They've also extended the store into the the second half of the building, and improved the lighting. They had storage lockers with more items that didn't fit into the original store, so this expansion allows them to stock more stuff! And, as stated, they are more of a surplus store than National Outdoors; so folks like myself that are looking for true military items are more likely to find things here than anywhere else. They are even better than Military City Surplus, which has a lot of surplus but it's mostly uniforms.

Cheers! M2

Omegaheat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    Towards the military base i think towards new braunfuls (im still new to SA sorry) there was a cool set of surplus stores near the korean markets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Towards the military base i think towards new braunfuls (im still new to SA sorry) there was a cool set of surplus stores near the korean markets.

I suspect you're talking about Military City Surplus, which is just north of Fort Sam Houston on Harry Wurzbach Rd. US Patriot Tactical is just across the street off Rittiman. MCS is a great shop; but Armed Forces Supply in Schertz is the best shop in the area in my opinion, especially since they've expanded their store! National Outdoors on Bandera isn't bad, I have found a few treasures there; but for the most part they sell uniforms and work gear. The one on San Pedro has less as it's a smaller shop.

There is a new place called Hangar 18 Surplus over near the airport that has potential, I hope to check it out in the coming weeks.

Other than those, there really aren't any good military surplus/Army-Navy stores in S.A.! :p

Omegaheat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    I suspect you're talking about Military City Surplus, which is just north of Fort Sam Houston on Harry Wurzbach Rd. US Patriot Tactical is just across the street off Rittiman. MCS is a great shop; but Armed Forces Supply in Schertz is the best shop in the area in my opinion, especially since they've expanded their store! National Outdoors on Bandera isn't bad, I have found a few treasures there; but for the most part they sell uniforms and work gear. The one on San Pedro has less as it's a smaller shop.

There is a new place called Hangar 18 Surplus over near the airport that has potential, I hope to check it out in the coming weeks.

Other than those, there really aren't any good military surplus/Army-Navy stores in S.A.! :p
    Hmm ill have to check it out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    News from Armed Forces Supply in Converse...

Boom! ...... Here we go again Armed Forces Supply is expanding once again. Come check out our New MRE bunker room! That’s right a room full of MRE’s!!!! We have cases, meals, Entrées, snacks, desserts, drink mixes, squad tray packs, MRE heaters and much much more! Also starting in June we’ll be open later on Saturdays and open on Sundays!!!! We offer military discount to DOD card holders that includes DOD contractors, VA card holders, or bring in your DD214 if your prior service. Law-enforcement EMS and fire also receive discounts! Finally if you have any of that old gear laying around we pay cash money for military surplus and uniforms!

Armed Forces Supply
    9218 Converse Business Lane
    Converse, Texas 78109
    210-566-3300

Top Bottom