• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I got this today from a member of my VVA Chapter. A reliable source.

Trey Gowdy , a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from joining the U.S. armed forces. As Trey typically does so very well, he nailed it rather succinctly.

Question: How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned transgenders from joining the military? Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response: Nobody has a right to serve in the Military. Nobody! What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few"

The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain: "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction?

Bad back? Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? Six arms? Hear voices in your head? Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"

"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial"

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream? That isn't Fair? War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."

"YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."

"I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself. The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.

The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues. The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe - PERIOD!"

"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."

".Any other questions?"
    Venture Surplus ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Regardless of who actually said it, it is the truth.
    The military is there to win armed battles. You can not do it from a safe place and the enemy does not not care about gender confusion or choices.
    And a rainbow flag would make a dandy target.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Just the issues with vegetarians in the Service were fun enough. Back when field c-rations only had two (?) non-beef, non-pork, meals per case, ratf###ing the case of c-rats was crazy. Three vegetarians in the platoon, including our 1LT. She was good about it though. She ate what she got just like the rest of us.

I wonder how many different latrines and locker rooms would be required to accommodate all different variations on m/f?

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Didn't see this thread the 1st time around. My Dad was a career Marine. He didn't want any of us, myself and 2 brothers, to serve. He wanted us to go to school. My brother's weren't going to/ didn't serve. My brother's are a lot older than me. They grew up in a different time. One brother actually called Dad a baby killer at one point. That situation didn't end well for my brother. At least the way he, my brother, told me the story lol.

Long story not really short. When I graduated high school I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My best friend wanted to join the corps. They were doing a buddy program at that time. So we headed to the recruiter. My best friend has tourette's syndrome. The Marine's said he can't join. That was the end of my military career. Dad got his wish. I went to school.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Supposedly only 3% of the population ever serve. Those DACA dreamers they always praise have less than 1% service. Those that do serve though should be able to become citizens.
    For those that don't formally serve remember that you are still part of the militia, your 2A right. You may have to defend that someday.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Inn,

Tourette's syndrome?

Yikes, how does he get any kind of job?
    He does computer programming/software. He doesn't have it bad. He mostly makes the occasional weird noise and pulls his hair. He doesn't jerk and say mother f'ER every other word. But even mild tourette's is a no go for service in the corps.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do remember watching Trey Gowdy talking about this right after Trump made his order about transgenders in the military.

He' absolutely correct. Serving in the military isn't a right, it's based on who is best qualified and capable of serving. When they "relaxed" regs to allow women serve, was just one step towards IMO, of weakening our military forces. I know that some might say, well women have been as much as warriors for centuries, just as much as men. Very true, but not in this country. For the most part, we are not conditioned in that line of thought as seeing women as warriors and fighters in combat. We have been conditioned as protectors,and defenders of women and children.

In no way is this a condemnation of women, just that our culture is much different that others that go back many centuries further than our own country. I don't mean this with any disrespect towards any woman, but women don't think like men for the most part. And a combat zone, with bullets flying, nad people trying to kill you, isn't the place to find these things out.

Not everyone can serve in the military. I'm cool with that. There are always other ways we can serve this country, to support it, to protect it and to defend it as Americans. Without going into details, I wasn't allowed to serve either. I dearly wanted to serve in the Marine Corps. I found other ways to "serve" our country. I'm still a proud American, and will always support and respect our serving members of the military, and our veterans.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Supposedly only 3% of the population ever serve. Those DACA dreamers they always praise have less than 1% service. Those that do serve though should be able to become citizens.
    For those that don't formally serve remember that you are still part of the militia, your 2A right. You may have to defend that someday.

My dad was a former drill instructor in the Army Air Corp. I left home to get OUT of the military. Dude was a hard ass. Lucky me, I needed one.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    My wife's doctor had tourette's. He was on active duty but I will not say what branch. He was was thorough, effective, and had an excellent manner. When he left the service and went into private, practice my wife was able to get a waiver to continue to see him.

Top Bottom