• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Am I alone thinking cruise ships are an abomination and I don't think that in a religious way, just that they're disgusting in so many categories and not just the pollution they create.

I don't understand their attraction to so many...you couldn't pay 'me' to board one.
    Target Sports

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Am I alone thinking cruise ships are an abomination and I don't think that in a religious way, just that they're disgusting in so many categories and not just the pollution they create.

I don't understand their attraction to so many...you couldn't pay 'me' to board one.

I’ve only been on one cruise, but I loved it. It was a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Curmudgeon that I am, I wouldn't care to be trapped on a floating steel island massive hotel with a bunch of...ugh, garishly dressed people...oh the food gluttony and having to hear others slurping and quietly farting and talking...not for me.

Give me peace, quiet and distance from humanity...which I have and enjoy...did I mention I'm a curmudgeon?

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    IMG_0393.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
      IMG_0393.jpg
      93 KB · Views: 393

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I’m with you.
    It’s a hotel that you can’t leave.

Last cruise I was on, I got the Noro virus.

They quarantined me in my room, had to fill out a bunch of CDC paperwork...they watched me like hawks, to ensure the virus didn’t infect the entire ship.

I’m certain others also got sick, the infirmary was pretty packed. But the whole ship didn’t get it, unlike some other cruises I’ve read about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Curmudgeon that I am, I wouldn't care to be trapped on a floating steel island massive hotel with a bunch of...ugh, garishly dressed people...oh the food gluttony and having to hear others slurping and quietly farting and talking...not for me.

Give me peace, quiet and distance from humanity...which I have and enjoy...did I mention I'm a curmudgeon?
    Misanthropists unite!

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    The earth is an eco-system which supports a lot of different life. As far as we know.....we are unique in the solar system and beyond.

Human activity certainly modifies our planet....for phuk's sake...N Korea recently displaced an entire mountain both vertically and laterally with one of its nuclear tests.

However.....our earth is a magnificent thing......it goes through geologic cycles.....warming...cooling.....over thousands of years. It is a self-balancing system. We are not going to destroy the future of our grandchildren through current human activity.

After saying all of that......WE SHOULD BE GOOD STEWARDS OF WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN US.........but not enviro-whacadoos.

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I’m with you.
    It’s a hotel that you can’t leave.

Last cruise I was on, I got the Noro virus.

They quarantined me in my room, had to fill out a bunch of CDC paperwork...they watched me like hawks, to ensure the virus didn’t infect the entire ship.

I’m certain others also got sick, the infirmary was pretty packed. But the whole ship didn’t get it, unlike some other cruises I’ve read about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_0279.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpg
      IMG_0279.jpg
      183.6 KB · Views: 373

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We do nothing to make the Earth a better place that doesn't have our own self preservation as the ultimate goal.
    The earth is just an environment; it has no ideal state. If you look back through the geological record, you can see for the last 10,000 years or so the environment has been unusually stable. Interestingly that coincides with humans beginning to aggressively groom their environment as you note.

Nearly all critters try to groom their environment to their advantage. We're just better at it.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    The earth is just an environment; it has no ideal state. If you look back through the geological record, you can see for the last 10,000 years or so the environment has been unusually stable. Interestingly that coincides with humans beginning to aggressively groom their environment as you note.

Nearly all critters try to groom their environment to their advantage. We're just better at it.

giphy.gif

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll leave this here.

I ponder life all the time. Life, space, time and who's behind the curtain. I can tell you one thing... I sure as hell not gonna believe that a human or group has the answers to why we're here or got here.

Something gave us a deck of cards.... a lot of the cards are missing. We're pretty intelligent, But we don't have the answers.

Life can't be a happenstance.

Top Bottom