• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    ANOTHER TRAGEDY FACILITATED BY THOSE ABSURD "GUN-FREE ZONES":

My news says "Four killed, seven wounded by 15 year-old student at Michigan High School!"

Friends and fellow Gee Gee's; our not-so "Great Society" is failing us in so many ways.

Worse, it fails our Young, who are THE future.

On reading the above, my mind went back to 1958, when I was 15 and in high school. By no stretch of the imagination could I envision ever even thinking of doing something like that,much less actually doing it.

Yet, we all had all sorts of "weapons" available to us, 24/7.

Our Parents, our Families, our schools, and our Friends had taught us ethical behavior, weapons safety, and responsibility.

Modern society, at many levels, seems all too willing to leave these vital duties to our ill-equipped school-teachers, many of who are radicalized leftist propagandists.

Yet, our officials refuse to understand that their idiotic "Gun-Free Zones" are actually facilitating these massacres.

Pray to GOD for relief, but we must do our parts. Our American Spirit and our ethical sense of responsibility are being destroyed by large city urbanites and politicians.

IDK whether it is too late to reverse this or not; BUT WE ALL MUST TRY !

FIGHT BACK NOW !

Rick
    Target Sports

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We still took guns to school on the Reagan era. I took a handgun to wood shop to make grips for it.

That was a complete failure but that's a different story.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We still took guns to school on the Reagan era. I took a handgun to wood shop to make grips for it.

That was a complete failure but that's a different story.

I lived in an area in which center-fire rifles were mainly for our "Going to Texas" trips in the Fall; but we frequently had shotguns, .22 rifles, & pistols in our vehicles at high school and at university. At LSU, I kept my Auto-5 in my dorm locker but left the .38 in the car most of the time. Of course, back then & there, auto burglaries were very rare. The substitution of legal restrictions, for training in responsibility, has sped our national decline. leVieux

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    In the late 1980s my dad had pistols and revolvers in the house, no safe, and I knew where they were just in case. I was 12 in 7th grade and got bullied mercilessly by a 16 year old 8th grader in PE class.

It has never occurred to me to bring a gun to school nor would I have. School was useless in dealing with him. I dealt with that bully eventually though the traditional way.

These kids are obviously mental. It’s not a normal impetus to want to murder other people regardless of circumstances.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Parents have abdicated their duty to their own children. They are left to TV, video games, & other kids. No structure, responsibility, or religion. This is the result. In our Family, all children are taught firearms handling, safety, and responsibility early and continuously. "Accidentally" pointing a gun at a person is a mortal sin, and requires even more lessons. Our "schools" corrupt further and teach them to act upon "feelings" in ignorance. Teachers cannot replace missing PARENTING ! leVieux

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Parents have abdicated their duty to their own children. They are left to TV, video games, & other kids. No structure, responsibility, or religion. This is the result. In our Family, all children are taught firearms handling, safety, and responsibility early and continuously. "Accidentally" pointing a gun at a person is a mortal sin, and requires even more lessons. Our "schools" corrupt further and teach them to act upon "feelings" in ignorance. Teachers cannot replace missing PARENTING ! leVieux
    That, and the endless reporting that goes on about each event. These kids are instantly famous, and these 24/7 reports just reinforces bad behavior on them

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Eh, something’s fûcked up with the parents, too. There’s a lot of discipline around ‘no comment’ and ‘lawyer’ across all three.
    I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, but I sure as shit wouldn't be talking to anyone but a lawyer if I were in their shoes. As we all have seen, some police, some prosecutors, and the media are more than willing ruin people that haven't done anything wrong.

Reactions: gll

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, but I sure as shit wouldn't be talking to anyone but a lawyer if I were in their shoes. As we all have seen, some police, some prosecutors, and the media are more than willing ruin people that haven't done anything wrong.

Who teaches their 15-year old kid “Look, when you get arrested, all you say to the cops is that you want a lawyer.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Michigan School Shooting Suspect’s Parents Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

The parents were called to the school on Tuesday, hours before the shooting, and told to get the teen counseling within 48 hours, citing disturbing images teachers found in his possession, the prosecutor’s office said. The parents left the school without the teen on the morning of the attack. About a half-hour after the shooting, at 1:22 p.m., his mother texted him, “Ethan, don’t do it,” according to the prosecutor’s office.

Probably paywalled: https://www.wsj.com/articles/michig...ged-with-involuntary-manslaughter-11638552325

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My stepdaughters are both over 30, and I still haven't told them that, lol.

Never claimed to be competent though...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Any competent parent?

Never thought of it that way.

We told both our kids they could call us anytime for anything. Unless they were in jail; whatever they did to end up there was not something they would have been taught by us. Actions have consequences and we tried to reinforce proactively asking for help instead of reacting to bad decisions.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Never thought of it that way.

We told both our kids they could call us anytime for anything. Unless they were in jail; whatever they did to end up there was not something they would have been taught by us. Actions have consequences and we tried to reinforce proactively asking for help instead of reacting to bad decisions.
    I understand your sentiments, but unfortunately can't agree with the assumption that just because my child might be in trouble with the law (mind you they are only four and six right now), they are certainly in the wrong. Hell, kids are punished at schools and sometimes taken before a judge for defending themselves. Also, with as many law officials that don't know the law, it is very easy to get in trouble while being in the right.

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom