• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've had pretty good luck with Netgear's Orbi system. Simple to set up and works well to give solid Wifi throughout the house.

Same here for almost 2 years. They have a newer version that's a bit expensive. Only downside is not having a dedicated 2.4 ID for cheap devices like cameras or wifi outlets but I solved that with a cheap TP link extender with a dedicated 2.4 ID.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    But your wireless mesh is probably 'open' to the fios/cable router. Need to VPN to the router.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I am not tech savvy so need help here. Our wifi router is downstairs in a room by front door. I get poor reception in the bedroom on opposite side of house as well as upstairs. Will something like this work to increase speeds and stop the "buffering" and dropping of wifi? Do I get rid of current router and use these alone?
    Thanks in advance for enlightenment :)
    Yes, that was my situation.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Even replacing an old wifi router can do wonders.

Some time ago I realized my wifi router was not capable of the much higher internet speed I had. New wireless router, almost tripled the download speed.
    I pay for 100 mbs down and could get that on my rented Spectrum router if I was close to it but not at the other end of the house. Now I get that speed everywhere in my house.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    When was the last time Spectrum updated your hardware? I had them replace mine a couple months ago, and geez, what a huge difference. My phone download speed is appx 400. My laptop logs download at 350, and uploads near 25. Prior hardware had my download at 40ish.

There was no charge for them updating my hardware.
    I could pay Spectrum more money to increase my speed which is now 100 down, the problem is with their wifi router, the range was terrible even with an extender plus they were charging me to rent it. With the mesh system I have excellent wifi all over the house and will return the router to spectrum. I now get close to 100 everywhere on my property.
    P.S., when I updated from 60 to 100 they did update my equipment too, but I still didn't get the range.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I pay for 100 mbs down and could get that on my rented Spectrum router if I was close to it but not at the other end of the house. Now I get that speed everywhere in my house.
    Good.

I am in the fortunate situation of having the wireless router centrally located, so coverage is pretty good throughout the house.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Good.

I am in the fortunate situation of having the wireless router centrally located, so coverage is pretty good throughout the house.
    My house is long and angled, my Spectrum provided router was good for about 20 feet (and this is the second one), a Linksys extender provided better coverage but constantly lost internet even though I had wifi although weaker as I moved further out. This new mesh system provides excellent wifi everywhere in my house, has allowed me to set up some roku units on tv sets that previously couldn't get wifi so now I can turn in 2 cable boxes and one router for monthly refund, the mesh system will be paid for by 6 rental fee reductions.
    Even more important is my wife is happy and not yelling for me to reset the system.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I’m no expert, but my satisfaction with my WiFi got much better after we got a mesh router and ditched the Grande fended modem/router. I haven’t looked at the new ones, but we have a older EERO and are happy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom