• Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    From an article I read:

“He was an amateur photographer who loved skateboarding and watching sunsets darken the woods and ponds of his adopted hometown.”

And resisting arrest.
    The videos being shown repeatedly, begin with him being forcefully pulled from his vehicle, not being asked or told to exit the vehicle , as would be expected in a traffic stop. It shouldn't have been difficult for five trained officers to restrain a smaller suspect. There should be additional video in the initial stop that the MPD or media hasn't made public at this time. The number of cameras recording the stop should have shown more than has been released.
    Guns International

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Officers crossed the line. Should go on trial.
    They did much more than cross the line. Their actions reflect poorly on law enforcement officers in Memphis and across the Country who work hard to keep the public safe. The SCORPION Unit of which they were a part has been permanently deactivated.
    Four days prior to this incident the same group of officers pulled a man out of a car at a gas station while holding a gun to his head. This incident ended with him being released with no charge against him. He contacted MPD Internal Affairs twice to file a complaint. As he stated to the reporter, had his complaints been acted on, possibly Nichols would still be alive.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    From an article I read:

“He was an amateur photographer who loved skateboarding and watching sunsets darken the woods and ponds of his adopted hometown.”

And resisting arrest.
    He may have resisted, but the force used became unreasonable and without any possibility of legal justification.

When multiple folks are hitting someone with a baton, how can you expect him to simply take repeated blows and stop trying to block them. ****, I saw like 5 seconds of it and that was enough to be disgusted.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    There's got to be some back story for this... What those officers did was 1,000% wrong and criminal. But why did another officer pull up and immediately join in? Seems like they had some type of history/emotional reaction to him.
    Two Sheriff Deputies arrived at the scene, watched but did nothing to stop the brutal attack. They are now relieved of duty as an investigation takes place.

Hopefully my relocation from Tennessee to Texas will be completed and I'll be out of this crime ridden city!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Two Sheriff Deputies arrived at the scene, watched but did nothing to stop the brutal attack. They are now relieved of duty as an investigation takes place.
    I get that... but if I rolled up on that - not sure I'd have done anything either, whether I wanted to or not.
    tgt63.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well if it appears no one wanted to step in for the sake of sop’s, right? It would seem an investigation is warranted.

It’s their own fault. Don’t want to be investigated? Try following sop’s or be aware of the world around you and how something looks.

I would have stepped in. It’s a day and age where everything you do is recorded. Doesn’t matter what your feelings are about a topic…your ass is more than likely being uploaded.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    This unit of rogue officers seems to have operated without supervision as complaints had been made to Internal Affairs about their previous actions. They seemed to not care they were being recorded, even as they laughed and bragged about their brutal actions.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    There's got to be some back story for this... What those officers did was 1,000% wrong and criminal. But why did another officer pull up and immediately join in? Seems like they had some type of history/emotional reaction to him.
    I was thinking too that there has to be more to this. With police cams along with all of the surveillance cams we have, how did they think they would get away with the beating? I can’t even walk in my front yard without being filmed by a neighbors Ring system or the odd GoPro running down the street. We don’t know the full story.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

I would have stepped in. It’s a day and age where everything you do is recorded. Doesn’t matter what your feelings are about a topic…your ass is more than likely being uploaded.

I didn't watch the whole thing, so if they were not frenzied then your stepping in may have been the thing to do. But if they were - then the vid of you getting your ass handed to you would have been hard to watch.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I didn't watch the whole thing, so if they were not frenzied then your stepping in may have been the thing to do. But if they were - then the vid of you getting your ass handed to you would have been hard to watch.
    The likely result of any attempt by a citizen to stop the beating by five officers, would have been an additional ambulance needed. The County Deputies present, wouldn't to anything to stop it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom