• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jockster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Lived next door to a guy who had 2 Daisy Model 25's and he'd invite his buddies over for BB gun fights. This was in the South so the only attire was shorts or cutoffs - no shirts & barefoot. Sometimes they'd stand about 15 feet apart, cocking and firing BBs at each other till one guy fell down. Another time two guys told another one "Dance!" & shot at his bare feet while he danced.

One guy would pick out a spectator and tell him 'I'll give you 3 to run." Once one of them said to one of the unarmed spectators he could shoot him, the guy said "I dare you to." He couldn't believe what he was hearing, until he repeated "I DARE you to!" He obliged him.
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One of the kids I hung with had a small trap to shoot BB guns & pellet guns in his basement. One day there were a 2 other kids around & we decide some target practice was in order. One of the kids never shot a BB gun before & as we were laying down the law about gun safety. He cocked it & had his finger on the trigger. The BB hit Ray the kid whose house we were at right in the top of his head. Heads bleed pretty good & those other 2 kids hauled ass.

The BB struck Ray, breaking the skin. Not only that it followed the curve of the top of his scalp about an inch above the entrance wound. Ray was hurt but not being a little bitch about it. He was more afraid of what his parents would do. So as Ray sat there bleeding I pushed the BB down & out. We cleaned up the blood & put one of those little round band aid on it. We both came up with a story about getting jabbed by a stick in the woods.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    BBS, slingshots, ruler pencil launchers, bottle rockets both small and large as well as roman candles. We were immortal. Screw safety. Most of us have since learned otherwise.
    Yup, we were stupid and learned slowly.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I think I'm lucky to still have both eyes and no lead or zinc in my ass after many years of bb gun and firecracker wars. One year a new kid as well as the shortest one got it bad.

It was my best friends birthday and we had a camp out party at his families place in South Texas. Everyone had their own bb gun, mine was a daisy power line 880 iirc. That sucker was powerful. Being the nice guy I am, no one got more than 2 or 3 pumps of air.

However, the new kid got peppered so bad including one lodged in his shin. That shot took him right into a concrete cattle tank. I remember that thing being nasty as all get out with algae and funk. Might have been better than another barrage though. Lol

That night I was walking around with the Lil guy just adventuring about when the birthday boy decided to put a 10 pump shot into the burning fire. It ricocheted and hit the kid right in his chin. It wasn't intentional but I still remember his wailing to this day.

He didn't want to say anything to his parents until the day it swelled up and a doctor extracted the bb with a probe. Needless to say he didn't get to hang out with us much after that.

I think the same year I took a pack of black cats right on the shoulder. I remember the ringing in my ears and stinging like it was yesterday. That battle ended with an angry neighbor running out after a stray bottle rocket popped off directly under their car.

Oh, the good old days...

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My brother and I was having a BB gun fight and a neighbor came over and confiscated the guns to give my Mom when she came home. I was a better shot, never felt it.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I found the right pieces of galvanized pipe and connections to make a grease gun sized and shaped bottle rocket launcher. Used my spare M-1 carbine sling on it. Light the rocket, slide it in, and aim.

Now that made for some great bottle rocket wars.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    My Cousins and I shot hell out of each other with BB guns in mid / latter 1960's at our grand parents farm in Deep East Texas.

We were safety conscious and told each other to only shoot "below the shoulders"

Granna was not pleased and tore us all new ones when she figured out what we were doing.

BB's will raise a good welt as I recall....

Reactions: gll

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I can't even say what all I did. Just happy to still be alive though it all. Great fun but very dangerous stuff at times.

Reactions: gll

Colonel Angus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Garland
    A few years ago I was the nhood guy with all the cool toys. Got out the benjamin and setup some comes on a stump and let the hood kids shoot a gun for the first time. 1 lil kid shot the stump and a ricochet came back and off he ran crying, sending the others into a panic of screams and caose. Seeing my entire fortune running down the sidewalk was quite alarming not to mention I thought his eye was hit...
    I scooped him up brought him back, claimed everyone down and assessed his condition..no blood, no visible damage, but sobbing uncontrollably... So I asked where does it hurt... He said in my Pee Pee! I didn't look past the undies but no blood and had him check it was ok.... Perfect timing of the ice cream truck to come around the corner!!! I've Cream for everybody..... Lesson Learned.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Living on Army posts, we didn’t dare misuse our BB guns, but the Red Ryder tradition still goes on for the 3rd generation in my family...
    F64BF305-25BA-4ECC-9738-F3DE386F8C68.jpeg

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was shot by a Red Ryder living in Oklahoma at my uncle's farm when I was a kid. My cousin and I would go out to the old barn/workshop and shoot rats.
    He "mistakenly" :argue: shot me in the neck. I was ok as it was a long distance.
    Oh, those were the days.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Brother and I in a BB gun fight, my shot glanced off of a rock and hit him in the forehead just above his eye. Never again did we shoot at each other. Great memories with scars. I graduated to 10” piece of small pipe with drilled end cap and pistol stock which fired a ball bearing with a firecracker. Retired it when I shot through a 2x4. Then just went to balloons filled with Oxy-Acetylene and fused. Destroyed an abandon dog house with a penny balloon. I must have been a troubled youth.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Who else played with Wrist Rocket slingshots?
    As a late teen and adult, yes. But though I'm sure those were out there, as a kid, all I ever had was bent wire, or home-made tree crotch and inner tube slingshots, that were more appropriate for Chinaberry wars, anyway.

Marbles for serious shooting, ball bearings were hard to find, and my favorite explosive ammunition, as a little kid, before they were banned, was crackerballs!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom