Join TexasGunTalk

Medical Exam Reveals Floyd Did Not Die of Asphyxiation

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by gdr_11, May 29, 2020.

1. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    There is 1 reason to lose consciousness when being choked - you are not getting enough oxygen to your brain.

Either your airway is cut off & you eventually pass out due to lack of oxygen to the lungs and then the brain, you can breath but your carotid arteries are blocked limiting blood and therefore oxygen from the lungs to the brain, or a combo of both.

Some people can adapt and live with both carotid arteries closed off by plaques. Blood gets to their brain through the vertebral arteries.

Heart issues are triggered by the airway being cutoff and a lack of oxygen in the blood going to the heart muscle, by a sympathetic (adrenaline) surge increasing oxygen demand on the heart which the heart can no longer meet, or a combo of both.

2. popper

popper Active Member

Apr 23, 2013
    The tox report is not published yet, no it doesn't take weeks to do. Big bucks gonna be spent to make the cop guilty of murder. I like the Boerne vid - she earned what she got. Moral of the story - you fight with a cop, you gonna get hurt. Why don't they learn? Yea, I already know the answer.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    So are you saying that Floyd got what he deserved in this case?

The officer's incident report said he resisted arrest, yet none of the videos that have surfaced so far, (even the officer's body-cams) seem to support that.

4. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Who is they? What fighting?

Axxe55 likes this.
  5. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Did George Floyd have 'dirt' on the Clintons?? (just asking for a friend)

Sam7sf, TX OMFS, oldag and 1 other person like this.
  6. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    I have checked the net for the 'medical examiner's report, medical examiner's interim report, medical examiner's preliminary report', relative to Mr. Floyd's death, only to come up blank except for what is seen in the complaint or comments about the report based upon the complaint.

One thing I wonder about is why they specifically mention that there is no evidence of traumatic asphyxia as the cause of death. From what I understand that would not be caused by compression of the neck but would result from a severe traumatic injury to the thoracic region that forces spent venous blood back up into the head and or prevents spent venous blood from leaving g the head. Was there trauma to Mr. Floyd's chest? Have not heard of any yet but I easily could have missed reports of it with all the stuff out there.

7. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known

Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Axxe55 likes this.
  8. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not unexpected. I’m amazed at how quickly the family had access to the body to complete an independent autopsy. When my mother passed, it still took a week for just a paper autopsy to be performed.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    Just speculating, but maybe if they allowed an independent autopsy that maybe it might settle down some of the riots?

10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    You are assuming the riots have anything to do with him?

mdf9183, kbaxter60, Big Green and 2 others like this.