• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I never heard that, but would presume it to be true.

When he passed the counterfeit twenty he was pointed out by the shop keeper sitting in a car around the corner. He was the driver with two passengers.

He was removed from the car and resisted the cuffs and then became compliant after cuffing then is seen sitting on the sidewalk next to the wall. All video record stops when he is moved to the squad car where bodycams, supposedly, show his resistance level returns and his claustrophobia and request for his mama appear. When he resisted getting into the car he ended up on the ground.

Wonder if there was some counterfeit activity in the area and that is why there was such an interest in a twenty being passed at the soup shop?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    City cops arresting on a counterfeit bill is not exactly common.

As for getting out of a car, it really has nothing to do with the claustrophobia issue.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If he was using claustrophobia as a reason to not get into the cop car, it does.

IMHO the front seat of a car you control is not restricting in any way versus being cuffed and placed in the coffin like back seat of a police car. It's probably more being out of control with a bit of claustrophobia than simple claustrophobia. . I have dealt with this dozens of times. Guys will flat melt down in a cell, for example, even though they can sit in a smaller office for hours. I had one guy that we could not get in a car even hobbled. He had to go in a van.

Lots of people will lie but some are flat out claustrophobic. Too bad too many will say any thing.

None of this excuses those police officers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IMHO the front seat of a car you control is not restricting in any way versus being cuffed and placed in the coffin like back seat of a police car. It's probably more being out of control with a bit of claustrophobia than simple claustrophobia. . I have dealt with this dozens of times. Guys will flat melt down in a cell, for example, even though they can sit in a smaller office for hours. I had one guy that we could not get in a car even hobbled. He had to go in a van.

Lots of people will lie but some are flat out claustrophobic. Too bad too many will say any thing.

None of this excuses those police officers.

You would think that LE officers would, or should be trained in dealing with people that might have mental issues, health issues, being intoxicated, and or any other number of issues that could cause them to be resistant or combative towards being restrained, or cuffed.

Apparently not.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You would think that LE officers would, or should be trained in dealing with people that might have mental issues, health issues, being intoxicated, and or any other number of issues that could cause them to be resistant or combative towards being restrained, or cuffed.

Apparently not.
    You would think.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Please don’t generalize all cops. 99.99% of police officers are pissed off this happened. Unfortunately all it takes is the action of 1 to ruin any and all public trust in the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"They" doesn't have to mean ALL COPS. I read that as "those who will".

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...As for getting out of a car, it really has nothing to do with the claustrophobia issue.

This.

I have no problems in *most* confined spaces up until the point I’m restrained. I learned this after an RT evolution at the USAF SERE school in 2002 where I was physically restrained, handcuffed, and placed in the trunk of a car. Part of the evolution was to defeat the cuffs and other restraints, defeat the trunk locking mechanism, and E&E at the appropriate opportunity.

I had never experienced claustrophobia until that trunk closed on me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Are you comparing the trunk of a car, to the back seat?
    I imagine I'd suffer from claustrophobia if I was handcuffed in the trunk of a car.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Nope. I’m saying being restrained can change the equation. I’m fine in a closed trunk, unrestrained.

Being restrained I do think could change certain people and how they react to a situation. I think they could be called stressors. Add enough of themtogether, and they could change a person from the way they normally react to something different.

I think it's very possible that this also happened with Chauvin as well.

On a side note, watching some news feeds yesterday evening, former officer Thomas Lane's attorney is filing for a probaly cause hearing. Apparently Lane had only been with the department a few days as a new LE officer, and allegedly tried to perform CPR and resuscitaion to Floyd while he was in the ambulance. He also allegedly is the officer who tried to get Chauvin to let up on Floyd. The judge yesterday set bond on the three officers at one mullion dollars each.

IF this is true about Lane, he may have the least amount of accountability in the Floyd's death.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom