• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Looking for a good media separator but all the reviews I read have a few, 5+, one star reviews on them. So I figured I’d ask what do all of you us to separate your dry media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I use (and like!) Dillon's smaller media separator, the CM-500. Easier to use and works better than any other separator I've tried.

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I have the large Dillon media separator

I have had it for years, as best I can remember Dillon was the only one offering anything other than what i WOULD Call a "miners sifting bowl that you had to hand shake over a bucket that was offered by Lyman.

the Dillon works great, but I often wish I had bought the smaller one

Attachments

• 21045-cm500-case-media-separator.jpg
      21045-cm500-case-media-separator.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 132

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX

I have had it for years, as best I can remember Dillon was the only one offering anything other than what i WOULD Call a "miners sifting bowl that you had to hand shake over a bucket that was offered by Lyman.

below is what all that was offered back in the day ( I do not miss this at all) and the vibratory cleaners did not exist, the only choice we had was "Thumblers Tumbler" rock polisher

Attachments

• 7631316_sifter.jpg
      7631316_sifter.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 147

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I had that with their big tumbler years back. Just a little smaller than a cement mixer.....

I could tumble a lot of brass at once.

Reactions: HCS

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The only brass I tumble in volume is pistol brass. I have a slotted bowl and a plastic bucket I got from Walmart. The bowl fits just right into the top or the bucket. I dump the contents of the tumbler into the slotted bowl, stir it around for 10-15 seconds and all the media is in the bucket and empty brass in the bowl.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    This is the large Dillon, it works great but be aware it takes up storage space.

I like Dawico’s mino trap, brilliant.

2CDB53FB-9423-4A8B-8590-CF76E70D8718.jpeg

Reactions: HCS

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I was looking at the looking at the wet/dry one from frankford armory but I will have to look at the dillon one as well. Thanks for the replies

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    I have been using the Frankford Arsenal one for several years. It gets used about 5-7 times a week, just needs a 5 gallon bucket.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I think it's RCBS that has a rotating cage but it has a cover that surrounds it so you're not sling cob all over the place.

My Lyman has a slotted cover which used to spew dust all over but I found a clear plastic cover that keeps the dust down. I run it with both covers on then when I'm separating rifle brass from cob I remove the plastic lid, replace the wing nut then shake out the media into a strained bowl and finally have to empty the 223 cases but it's a lot quicker, less messy since I'm not buying that big RCBS contraption.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    below is what all that was offered back in the day ( I do not miss this at all) and the vibratory cleaners did not exist, the only choice we had was "Thumblers Tumbler" rock polisher
    this sifter is what i like. i use it with a 5 gallon bucket. the others i used all broke where they connected to the tubs for the spin handles.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom