• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The company I’m with now uses hair follicle testing for pre-hires and then random urinalysis for current employees. And it’s observed testing so the urine bag won’t work.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Still susceptible, but haven't been tagged to "donate" for years...

However, during my last year in uniform, I arrived at work welcomed by the notice that I had to go do a piss test. No biggie, wasn't worried about anything other than I had drained my bladder before leaving for the office. I grab a large Gatorade and down it as I go over to the prescribed location; but once I got there I was informed I wasn't on their list therefore they didn't want my "donation." At that point I told them they were getting it whether they wanted it or not! Luckily, the NCO understood my situation and allowed me to drain my now-full-again bladder. And no, he didn't watch...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Still susceptible, but haven't been tagged to "donate" for years...

However, during my last year in uniform, I arrived at work welcomed by the notice that I had to go do a piss test. No biggie, wasn't worried about anything other than I had drained my bladder before leaving for the office. I grab a large Gatorade and down it as I go over to the prescribed location; but once I got there I was informed I wasn't on their list therefore they didn't want my "donation." At that point I told them they were getting it whether they wanted it or not! Luckily, the NCO understood my situation and allowed me to drain my now-full-again bladder. And no, he didn't watch...

I got hit six times, back to back once. After the fact, I was the told the first repeat was to confirm a positive by someone in the pool. Then, more were picked up in the successive rounds. Apparently, if you were in the pool with someone who has a hot sample, you got to play again to ensure the integrity of the pool.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I got hit six times, back to back once. After the fact, I was the told the first repeat was to confirm a positive by someone in the pool. Then, more were picked up in the successive rounds. Apparently, if you were in the pool with someone who has a hot sample, you got to play again to ensure the integrity of the pool.
    That would explain a lot. My last couple of years on active it seems like I was always randomly picked.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I wouldn't get in the pool with a bunch of people takin' the pee test! :roflfunny:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Back when I was stationed in Idaho (mid-80s), my entire section was notified of a no-notice piss test (no one had studied!).

I wasn't a coffee drinker, so I consumed several bottles of water to prep.

A buddy of mine downed a couple of quick cups of coffee.

Our "donations" couldn't be any further apart in color...

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The last place I worked tested quarterly. Employees were selected randomly supposedly. There were 35 or 40 of us and they picked 3 or 4 each quarter for testing. I was selected 3 quarters in a row. What are the odds.

Worked at a very large corporate in the 80's and they decided to implement drug testing. Oddly enough, many managers left before it started. They wrote a program that would supposedly test the entire population at random over 4 years. Before the first year was up, we had cost reductions so they tweaked the program to select fewer people without researching the impact. We had employee numbers so the old timers had a lower number than new hires. By year 3 HR was getting complaints from the old timers they were being tested frequently throughout the year and had never seen a new hire get called in. Well the code was written so poorly that when they changed the number allowed for piss testing it was only selecting lower employee numbers. They cancelled the program.

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Hilarious! Even the Navy had meat gazers!

Nothing like old memories and blasts from past! Amazing the stuff that we remember that civilians would have no idea of what we were talking about.

Don’t remember how many times I got stuck being an observer.

I was both Navy and (later) Air Force. Got volunteered as an observer in both services. It is my supposition that all services have "meat gazers." Some are sanctioned and others are stealthy.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    A guy at work told me now that they can screen urine for alcohol consumption. Thank god that drinking wasn’t that big of deal when I was in. Don’t remember how many times I went for a run while still lit.:beat:

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    So we were having a discussion the other day at work among some old army vets about the army urinalysis program and meat gazers.

So out of curiosity how many of you were trained to be meat gazers or want to admit to it?

Figure with all the serious B.S going on how about a little humor!
    I was the Drug and Alcohol NCO in most units, so I was in charge of the program, and as the administrator of the test, I was prohibited from being a meat gazer...whew...

tenor (4).gif

Attachments

• tenor (4).gif
      tenor (4).gif
      622.8 KB · Views: 506
    Top Bottom