• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    At my age (70) I started to take MCT oil a few weeks ago and I have noticed improved alertness and energy along with some positive digestive system benefits. Seems like there is a bit of controversy over MCT (like everything else) but I wanted to ask what others here have experienced, especially long term. I only take 4 teaspoons a day, two in the morning and two in the afternoon.
    Hurley's Gold

TrinityGunGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2020
    DALLAS
    I used to use coconut oil for cooking, but I use MCT oil now ever since I noticed it in stores. It's a more neutral flavor and it doesn't turn hard in the winter.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    All of the health benefits touted by MCT are just not 100 conclusive in the published studies.
    One study shows a benefit and another shows maybe a very slight to no benefit
    But if it helps you, then take it.

I can see where it could possibly cause fat build up in the liver after long term use. So there is a slight risk

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I took it for a very short period of about two weeks. I didn't notice any benefits but it was only two weeks. It is used by a lot of keto diets as a way to get a good fat into your diet. I have used regular coconut oil for some cooking at lower temps. It's cheaper than MCT oil and I think it has the same effect.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I drink it with ghee butter and maple syrup in my coffee every morning.

A local healthy place calls it Rocket Fuel and I just copied their recipe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gravity1015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    At my age (70) I started to take MCT oil a few weeks ago and I have noticed improved alertness and energy along with some positive digestive system benefits. Seems like there is a bit of controversy over MCT (like everything else) but I wanted to ask what others here have experienced, especially long term. I only take 4 teaspoons a day, two in the morning and two in the afternoon.

Been adding this to coffee for many years. If you take too much you can risk "disaster pants." never happened to me but a few friends crossed the line.

Gravity

Gravity1015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    I throw some in my smoothies, I found an organic version at Costco. I can't say I've experienced any different results.

Same here. I get mine from Costco too. I tried the flavored stuff a few times but plain seems best. I add heavy cream too so that lightens it up a bit.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Since it is a "dietary supplement" it can not advertise medical benefits. In my humble opinion most dietary supplements are a waste of money. Your choice to spend your money anyway you like.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom