• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Some of the issue can be blamed on our schools. They are getting light on the 3 R’s and heavy on tranny glorification, etc. I was in Army basic training in 1965 and remember us having to help the fat boys get through runs and PE. They were overweight but they could do simple fractions and speak the Queen’s english. I also think the men were harder back then. Alot of these new kids are too soft and sensitive. Hell, the DI’s can’t even hit them in the shin with the butt of an rifle anymore.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Some of the issue can be blamed on our schools. They are getting light on the 3 R’s and heavy on tranny glorification, etc. I was in Army basic training in 1965 and remember us having to help the fat boys get through runs and PE. They were overweight but they could do simple fractions and speak the Queen’s english. I also think the men were harder back then. Alot of these new kids are too soft and sensitive. Hell, the DI’s can’t even hit them in the shin with the butt of an rifle anymore.
    Sure. And the restriction on people who had Adderall or Ritalin after a certain age. From what I’ve read fully 75 percent of enlisted age Americans are physically or otherwise unqualified to enlist.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I remember phase one. Total failure. Russia looks like they are adapting the same plan for their military. Hope they get the same results.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Single mothers and despondent fathers make what this country has turned into. Well be a conscription force before long. Either that or draw down the size of the standing military or disband all branches into one single branch

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Single mothers and despondent fathers make what this country has turned into. Well be a conscription force before long. Either that or draw down the size if the standing military or disband all branches into one single branch
    Conscription - with the snowflakes of Gen Z? The suicide rate would go through the roof. Not to mention more Congressional inquiries than you can even begin to imagine. My unit had two and that enough.

It is strange though. I caught the tail end of Jimmy Carter's "hollow Army". While they did take Cat IV troops - based on the ASVAB - they still had to have a high school diploma to get in. Now, you can join the Army with a GED. I know because I talked to an Army recruiter last month.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Conscription - with the snowflakes of Gen Z? The suicide rate would go through the roof. Not to mention more Congressional inquiries than you can even begin to imagine. My unit had two and that enough.

It is strange though. I caught the tail end of Jimmy Carter's "hollow Army". While they did take Cat IV troops - based on the ASVAB - they still had to have a high school diploma to get in. Now, you can join the Army with a GED. I know because I talked to an Army recruiter last month.
    HS diploma wasn't a requirement during the Vietnam draft, but minimum scores on the ASVAB were necessary. Criminal records didn't prevent military service as I knew a few who were ordered by a Judge to enlist or go to jail. The structure of the military changed some of their lives. We didn't have the snowflakes of today.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX

In 78 when I enlisted a GED was still acceptable. The AF had the fewest enlistees without a HS diploma, then the Navy, Marines, and then Army. Only one guy in my basic flight didn’t have a diploma.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    At Fort Polk in BCT, we some who hadn't finished high school and one who had a B.S. degree, ages from 17-25, different races, backgrounds. We quickly learned the drill Instructors only saw green.

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    HS diploma wasn't a requirement during the Vietnam draft, but minimum scores on the ASVAB were necessary. Criminal records didn't prevent military service as I knew a few who were ordered by a Judge to enlist or go to jail. The structure of the military changed some of their lives. We didn't have the snowflakes of today.
    My uncle was one.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hmm, should we call them Milley's Morons, Bidens Boneheads, Harris' Heros (ironically, of course) or maybe just Austin's Airheads?

Top Bottom