DK Firearms

May I please have a USPSA members connect here sticky?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merldizzle

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Hello,

I see an IDPA members connect here (sticky/pinned to top) am I allowed to post something similar for USPSA?

Thanks,

Tom Neal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Houston
    USPSA L2362 My goal is 12 matches per year. Some years it's easier than others. I thought I was going to fail in 2020 but managed to catch up in the fall.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've wanted to try it but I don't have the time to practice regularly and now with the current state of things, don't think I could source enough ammo or components.

Maybe when life settles out.

@Tom Neal where do you shoot your matches?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I didn't know Bailey's held USPSA matches, interesting. I am a PSC member and I know they hold matches but I've just been trying to figure out where the other go to places are here for matches.

Tom Neal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Houston
    Bailey's at Bailey's is the 1st Tuesday
    CLASS at Baileys is the 4th Saturday
    BAPS at PSC is the 3rd Saturday
    Greenwood is the 2nd Saturday
    Steel Challenge at PSC is the 2nd Sunday

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm hit or miss on USPSA matches. I try to get a club match in at least every couple of months. Seeing that 3-gun is kinda dwindling in the Houston area, I might shoot USPSA more.

James1979

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    San Antonio
    I am (or maybe was, not sure if my membership expired) a USPSA member, but I have never done a competition shoot. I kind of abandoned competition in lieu of Tactical Training about 4 years ago. I would like to start shooting comp again. I am in San Antonio, any help?

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    I'm still a member (FY30039), think I'm still a B-Class Limited but have not had time since my kids (twin girls) were born. I think if I go back, I'll shift from Limited to Production optics since all my carry guns have RMRs or Holosuns on them now. With training and running classes when I do make it to the range - I'm there all the time but just don't get to shoot as often as I'd like myself.

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    New USPSA member here looking to do some club matches in my area (Fort Worth). Currently training and prepping for a Tactical Games in May at my local. Lots of work to be done.
    You may also have fun looking into the TX Run and Gun - https://www.texasrunandgun.com/ for more tactical two gun type events. They do a great job designing and running these - a real hoot.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    You may also have fun looking into the TX Run and Gun - https://www.texasrunandgun.com/ for more tactical two gun type events. They do a great job designing and running these - a real hoot.
    How did I just now see this? Dammit. Ok, thanks! I'll check them out. I entered a comp in Dilley for Feb 5th weekend. I figured I gotta start somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    How did I just now see this? Dammit. Ok, thanks! I'll check them out. I entered a comp in Dilley for Feb 5th weekend. I figured I gotta start somewhere.

If you are in good shape, it's a hoot. Also check out the Waco Tactical Fitness - adds some really creative and devious obstacles and physical challenges. Caution though - sign-up usually books full in less than an hour.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    If you are in good shape, it's a hoot. Also check out the Waco Tactical Fitness - adds some really creative and devious obstacles and physical challenges. Caution though - sign-up usually books full in less than an hour.
    Sounds really good. I'll check it out. I am finding there are more and more stuff like this other than the Tactical Games, which is good because I can't get to all those due to distance.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Well, I just renewed my membership for another year. I shot very little last year due to ammo prices having very little free time. I had been shooting carry optics but dusted off my Shadow 2 and shot production this past weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tacticaloptions

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Feb 11, 2022
    Humble, TX
    I’m new to the area, but have been shooting USPSA since the 80’s looking to get in a few matches and shed some cobwebs, where are the matches around Houston?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom