• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astaldon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2020
    Snyder
    So i have been looking and trying to find a reliable site to purchase a 18.5" barrel for my Maverick 88. I can not find one that has reviews and I feel I can trust. Does anyone know of a reliable site that I can purchase that and other parts for it from?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I just bought a 28” barrel for my mossberg 500 on ebay. It is brand new and was only $79. Id check there first. The 88 and 500 have interchangeable barrels

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So i have been looking and trying to find a reliable site to purchase a 18.5" barrel for my Maverick 88. I can not find one that has reviews and I feel I can trust. Does anyone know of a reliable site that I can purchase that and other parts for it from?
    Also I have an older barrel for my 500 that was cut down to 18.5-19”. It has a front bead sight. Its not threaded for chokes but you are welcome to have it if you are near DFW or north Texas

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    A hacksawed barrel is easy enough to square off with patience and a square and couple of files.
    Crowning with a rat tail inside (don't scratch the bore) and flat file outside is a bit time consuming but after cold bluing it will look great.

Astaldon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2020
    Snyder
    I just bought a 28” barrel for my mossberg 500 on ebay. It is brand new and was only $79. Id check there first. The 88 and 500 have interchangeable barrels
    See I was seeing them on Ebay I've just had bad experiences with things on Ebay in general so was kind of iffy about it.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Unless you get some great deal Academy usually sells complete Mavericks for like $179 and Atwoods sells them for $230 or so with 2 barrels. I like my 18.5 inch gun but I should have bought at Atwoods and got 2 barrels. On the other hand I have 6 shotguns and the Maverick is just my home security gun loaded with #4 buck.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    If you cut a 12ga barrel, you can crown it with a golf ball and valve lapping compound.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Cut the S.G. barrel down and you have a scattergun. Crown doesn't help much. S.G. have a forcing cone and mild choke on the barrel. Squareness of the cut will make a difference.

Top Bottom