Guns International

SOLD Mauser Model 1891 Argentine VG Matching made 1895 (Austin)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    Up for trade is my Argentine Mauser Model 1891. This was one of the first rifles chambered in a smokeless powder cartridge the 7.65x53mm (not 7mm). Made in Germany on contract for Argentina and several other countries. This one was made by Ludwig Loewe in 1895 making it an Antique! It certainly has that old world craftmanship.

This rifle is 100% numbers matching, even the cleaning rod. Overall the rifle is in very good shape with plenty of bluing left, crest was scrubbed when exported, action is smooth and functions perfectly, stock has no large cracks or dents (toe repair was done by an arsenal), and bore is in great shape with shiny, sharp rifling. Short handguard is correct for this early contract rifle. A nice example of these old rifles.

Really only looking for trades at this time, but shoot me an offer if it is reasonable. Does not include sling in pic. I can add cash for the right deal. Rough value is $520

Trades I'm looking for include WWI era firearms: U.S. 1903, Greek Mannlicher-Schonauer, K98az, Colt 1892-1917, FN 1900, FN 1910, Bodeo 1889, French 1873 or 1892 revolvers, various .32 pistols such as Beholla, Walther Model 4, etc. Thanks for looking!

rifle.jpg

manuf.jpg

serials.jpg

bolt.jpg

mag.jpg

cleaninrod.jpg

handguard.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
      rifle.jpg
      303.3 KB · Views: 51
    Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Beautiful rifle.
    I had a chance to buy a Chilean Mauser, with the crest intact, in almost unfired condition, at a gun store in del Rio Texas back in about 1984. They wanted $175 for it. I just didn't have the money and could not afford it.

GLWTS.

As I said, that's a beautiful rifle.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    Beautiful rifle.
    I had a chance to buy a Chilean Mauser, with the crest intact, in almost unfired condition, at a gun store in del Rio Texas back in about 1984. They wanted $175 for it. I just didn't have the money and could not afford it.

GLWTS.

As I said, that's a beautiful rifle.
    Yea South American guns kinda fly under the radar but can be really nice. I would hold onto to this one but gotta make some room.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I had an 1891 Argentine back in the 80's. Great rifle, accurate beyond belief and one of the prettiest milsurp guns ever. It was run over in a deer camp incident that involved a guy whose parents were second cousins, a crew cab Chevy and a lot of cheap beer.

Good luck with the se- whoever ends up with it will be very happy.

Top Bottom