Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is a Mauser HSc in .32 from ~1970; that's when the test target was dated. Imported by Interarms and so marked.

It's in excellent condition and I think that's pretty clear from the pictures but I'm not an NRA-standards-compliant firearms grader so take anything I say in this ad with a grain of salt. While I think it actually falls, technically, in the "NRA Excellent" grade, that's for you to decide for yourself.

I've had it over 20 years and I think I've shot one or two boxes of factory ammo through it in that entire time. It worked perfectly but I don't have any use for it. It's time to pass it on to someone who will appreciate owning it as I have. Included in the sale are a couple of boxes of ammo, as pictured.

I believe these were originally packaged with 2 magazines but this example only had one at the time I acquired it.

Anyone who posts here that they want it will get a note from me with additional information and you won't be obligated to take it after we PM each other.

$700

$600

$500

$400

Below the pictures are the terms of sale. I've tried to make them complete so as not to disappoint anyone or cause disagreements. I'm sorry it's a wall of text but I can't find a better way.

thumbnail11.jpeg

thumbnail9.jpeg

thumbnail8.jpeg

thumbnail6.jpeg

thumbnail7.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conditions, provisos, and other language designed to cover my butt -

I can take more pictures for anyone who needs them to make a decision. Just let me know what spot(s) you want me to focus on.

Questions in this thread or by PM are welcome though I may not reply promptly.
    The person who commits to buy it has every right to inspect it at delivery and nix the deal; I would not be in the least offended. I will not re-negotiate the price at delivery but I don't mind completely unwinding the deal and taking the pistol back home.

First "I'll take it" in this thread, followed up promptly with a PM to discuss particulars, gets it.

A note to help prevent disappointment: The first "I'll take it" in this thread means exactly that. If you think you want something but are only 90% sure, you can send me a question or post it here. But if I'm away from the computer for 2 hours and someone else jumps in here and posts "I'll take it" before you do, they get the gun, not you. That's disappointing to a potential buyer and I don't like it when it happens. To prevent that scenario, if you're 90% sure you want something, go ahead and post:
    I'll take it...

...conditional on the question I'm sending you. PM inbound.
    Other folks can also post "I'll take it if the deal above me falls through." I have no problem keeping track of multiple potential buyers as long as they get in line in a single publicly visible place. In the past, people have created animosity/drama by accepting offers through multiple sources, e.g. in the thread or PMs or email or a phone call or a text, etc. That method has the potential for lots of hurt feelings because multiple people believe they are first in line. I am completely intolerant of creating even the slightest impression that a sale is, in any way, less than above board.

This thread, using the "I'll take it" language, is the place to commit to the purchase. Nowhere else.

I won't post anything for sale here that's also listed elsewhere. If I feel this won't sell here, I'll close the ad before listing it elsewhere.

I'm in Spring, north of Houston. If you're willing to meet me halfway, I'm willing to drive to meet you in a public place to make the sale within ~50 miles.

Terms are cash only, daytime only, F2F only (no shipping), and no trades. A quick look at your LTC is preferred but a TDL works, too. I won't try to copy the info. I hope I don't have to ask and that you'll volunteer that you are NOT a prohibited person.

Since I'm not in the business of selling guns, I will not do a bill of sale nor will I do a "bill of transfer." :)

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    You made me look it up! According to an article in the American Rifleman, "..the HSc, as it was called (“HS” standing for Hahn Selbstspanner—“self-cocking hammer,” and the “c” indicating the third and accepted design), was a streamlined, up-to-date double-action blowback.."

I'm always amazed when the cardboard box is still intact. So often the glue has failed and the box is held together with tape or rubber bands.

GLWS

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm always amazed when the cardboard box is still intact. So often the glue has failed and the box is held together with tape or rubber bands.
    The box is a padded plastic thing where the top flips open as seen in the third picture.

The cardboard part of the packaging is just an open-ended sleeve that slips over the plastic box.

And I'm surprised, too, that it lasted for the first 30 years before I got it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Reduced again. I'd really like to move this along to someone who will appreciate it more than me. Unfortunately, if it doesn't sell at this price I'll probably move it over to GunBroker and see what happens there.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    After talking to skfullgun, he's decided to pass and I totally respect that decision.

Pistol is still available.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom