• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A so-called mass shooting in Chicago late last night has the Left up in arms and even her/his/its Honor the Mayor "decries the violence". The shooting took place in the downtown area that has seen a surge of gang and youth violence that is spreading out all over the city as the result of the Democratic lax policing and prosecutions in the most violent city in America.

While everyone in wringing their hands over this incident it, like the 'mass shooting" in Sacramento not too long ago has nothing to do with what the public perceives as a mass shooting and everything to do with criminals allowed to walk the streets and do whatever they want with no fear of punishment.

So we will all put on our shocked face, but will continue to ignore that, so far in May, there have been 39 homicides and 182 shootings in Chicago within the first 19 days. Kind of puts the McDonald's incident in perspective, doesn't it? Of course, the media and the Left hates perspective; they are more interested in manipulation.

Texas SOT

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Great news in late night/early morning dinning has shifted from White Castles to Micky D's. Waffle House had no comments.

Very last time I was home was for my dads funeral. When longtime friends who I use to go shooting with gave me a stern warning about the pistol in my pocket I pretty much cut ties with them.

I'll never return for either my brothers or sisters funerals. It take a huge bribe to get me to fly into Chicago even if it was a connecting flight.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Baboon,

You posted: "When longtime friends who I use to go shooting with gave me a stern warning about the pistol in my pocket I pretty much cut ties with them."

Why would they give you 'a stern warning' and why aren't 'they' armed or do they think 'only outlaws should be armed' or did they go 'woke...or...?

WTF?

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Baboon,

You posted: "When longtime friends who I use to go shooting with gave me a stern warning about the pistol in my pocket I pretty much cut ties with them."

Why would they give you 'a stern warning' and why aren't 'they' armed or do they think 'only outlaws should be armed' or did they go 'woke...or...?

WTF?
    You have to understand Chicago..
    I used to hang out there in the late 70's early 80's
    Everyone but the gangster are scared of guns.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Baboon,

WTF?
    This was before Illinois had a carry permit. Back then if you didn’t have a FOID card you couldn’t even go in a gun shop or even get caught with a single round.

Back then beating dope charges were easier then any thing gun related.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My former employer sent me to Chicago every year for yearly maintenance at a fuel terminal. I was comfortable at the work site and hotel areas but never liked driving to other parts of the city to pick up parts. We should have been paid hazardous duty pay during those weeks.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I remember years ago the company I worked for delivered to the South side Chicago water treatment plant. The security guard at the gate was off duty CPD. He told us never after 10pm stop at any of the traffic lights in the neighborhood, don't hit anybody but don't stop . McDonald's have bars on the windows. Saw a grandma walking a pitbull carrying what looked like a .357 at 2 am one morning. Go grandma.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    kyle/Sterling (love that name)

Glad to see you 'back on the job'. Hope your post surgery time isn't too painful.

Now, I understand what you posted, but Baboon said 'he used to shoot' with these guys...so I continue to wonder, why did his one time pals chastise him for carrying...I don't get it...only he can answer that question I know, but hasn't...maybe doesn't care to...I don't know...

The only time I do a wee tad bit of giving sht to someone is if they 'don't carry'...though most of my pals and family do carry.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    kyle/Sterling (love that name)

Glad to see you 'back on the job'. Hope your post surgery time isn't too painful.

Now, I understand what you posted, but Baboon said 'he used to shoot' with these guys...so I continue to wonder, why did his one time pals chastise him for carrying...I don't get it...only he can answer that question I know, but hasn't...maybe doesn't care to...I don't know...

The only time I do a wee tad bit of giving sht to someone is if they 'don't carry'...though most of my pals and family do carry.
    I can only figure it was because I was the only one to leave & stay gone. These guys were all to scared to get up & really go out on their own. They all lived the life I didn't want. They let the unions tell them how to act. One of the guys was who talked me into coming to Texas. When he went back home to get married him & her stayed. I was in the wedding & I came back home to Texas.

One buddy stayed home to inherit his dad's garage & towing business. Benny & patty who talked me into Texas had kids & need to be close to grandmothers. I think the ended up getting a divorce after the boys were grown. Another buddy got his brains scrammbled in a bar fight. They bought there house and were happy with winters. One dude wouldn'y be allowed to leave for probation. Another guy was comfortable in his parents basement

The thoughts of going on safari, owning NFA and finding new friends scared them to their cores. My brothers boys left home & lived in Las Vegas & Phoenix. The one would have been set woking for Steve Wynn, but they came home to act like my friends.

I'm still good friends with my dads best friend. He got the phuc out of there he understands it. Living in Joliet is like, dying elswhere.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Back on topic, the suspect is …….. (hint; the media is diligently avoiding posting his pic)

986E26C3-A6B1-4037-B261-CFDF3D1DB928.jpeg

Top Bottom