• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txmechanic

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    springtown texas
    Ok so I went there this morning with money in my pocket to take a closer look at it. Once I had it in hand, it wasn’t as nice as it appeared to be on the rack. If this was a car, I have believe it would be referred to as a 10 footer. It does not have the safety, and what I earlier thought was a swivel hole is actually a bullseye stock, and they only put those on their walnut stocks. I thought it was a plug of some sort but my 5 minute post-inspection research says it’s supposed to be that way. It does have some light surface rust on the receiver and barrel, which is easy enough to remove and I would have been okay with that. What turned me off though is between the barrel and tube there was some heavier rust in a couple of areas and not sure if I would be able to remove it and have it still look presentable. There was also some heavier rust along the top of the barrel where the Marlin manufacturing wording is. Not a lot but enough to bother me. The stock had one cross grain scratch but otherwise ok. It had some handling impressions probably from bumps but I think those could be steamed out. The trigger is gold colored so probably brass and the wood is darker that other 336 I’ve seen. Guy at the pawn shop went down to $400, but I passed on it
    ive got a marlin jw stamped 38/375 mag cowboys ' shoots ike a dream. woudnt take less than 3000 for it at anyday.. shot a buck 3 yrs ago with it he never had a chance to move 1 foot,, j/s

Top Bottom