• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Any ideas on a realistic (not what people wishing they could get on gunbroker) value for a Marlin 39A?

Mine was made in 1951 according to the H in the serial number, and is in very good condition. It was a shooter and it has some minor dings and discoloration in the stock and the usual wear on the bluing. Seems like the action is tight, bore looks good. I just haven't shot it since the mid 1970's so I might be willing to let it go.

Thanks!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Bluebook online is saying this...

Model 39A 3rd Model 1st Variation
    features blued receiver, new ramp front sight, hard rubber buttplate, and Ballard rifling. Mfg. 1946-1950.

Grading
    100 - N/A
    98 - $550
    95 - $500
    90 - $450
    80 - $400
    70 - $350
    60 - $300

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'd guess your in the 70 80% bracket as far as condition, based on the pictures and description. But since those are rather hard to come by, it might bring a bit more.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I'd guess your in the 70 80% bracket as far as condition, based on the pictures and description. But since those are rather hard to come by, it might bring a bit more.

I'm thinking bluebook might be a little low....it's just a guide, and the online version is a little better on some things than the printed...I'd say maybe $425-450 range would be a good starting point if you're trying to sell...even that could be a little low, looks to be in good shape for a 70 year old rifle...You can always go down on a price...

TW, are you wanting to sell, or just trying to see what you might have there?

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Thanks for the help, guys. Is there an online Blue Book for guns? I can't seem to find it . . . . or my Google-Fu is weak today.

WT, I was initially just wondering what it would go for, but now I am thinking it would probably be good to sell and get something that I'll actually use.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    There is an informal 39A Collectors club over at THR forum. It's in the form of an ongoing thread. You might check there for additional info on value, and you might even pick up a buyer.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Thanks for the help, guys. Is there an online Blue Book for guns? I can't seem to find it . . . . or my Google-Fu is weak today.

WT, I was initially just wondering what it would go for, but now I am thinking it would probably be good to sell and get something that I'll actually use.

Yes, there is an online bluebook for everything they have a print version for...updated regularly...

Top Bottom