• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    On the day this rally occurred in San Antonio. I was at the SCTP State Games in National Shooting Complex with my daughter along with thousand of kids from all over Texas but no media coverage.
    If media coverage had been there they would probably have considered you to be promoting gun violence, by teaching our children proper gun safety, gun handling and shooting/accuracy skills.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    If media coverage had been there they would probably have considered you to be promoting gun violence, by teaching our children proper gun safety, gun handling and shooting/accuracy skills.
    Same thought process of why many schools are canning their school shooting teams.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hmmm, do JROTCs still have rifle teams?

At least in my area they are watered down training and most of them canned their live fire training. My best friend son attends the USAF ROTC in Kingwood, TX and they do not have a rifle team. FFA outside of the Houston suburbs like Katy and Pearland doe still have their shotgun teams and some local school ISD like Splendora HS still have their shotgun team. Once you enter Harris County lines no shooting teams.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    You know, I don't care what you call it, but we do need a "march" of our own. Not sure what kind of support it would get, but I would like to see a peaceful and quiet show of support one day every year, at every state capital in the country. Just for sake of discussion, let's say every January 6th. Starting at dawn and running until dusk, individuals, families, organized groups take a few hours to go picnic on and about the common grounds of the capital. Everyone need not attend all day, let them cycle in and out. As many people that seem to be able to cast all else aside to travel to DC to be seen, I think many more would go to their own state capitol for the day.
    VA does this every year at Lobby day. 2020 we had 40k+ (estimated by VSP and VCDL organizers - papers reported lower numbers in an effort to minimize the event).

Lots of good folks from all over the US showed up and made their presence known while open carrying. That's the safest Richmond, VA has been in decades.

Virginia: VCDL's Historic Lobby Day 2020, Part 1 of 6 (ammoland.com)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Boy scouts and even the girl scouts in my area are hosting small caliber shooting programs. Mostly Air rifles and 22 calibers.
    Proves that even the leftist organizations like BSA like guns. Do people really believe the vast majority of people in America will give up their guns?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Proves that even the leftist organizations like BSA like guns. Do people really believe the vast majority of people in America will give up their guns?
    I was surprised the GSA adopted the program as one of the den leaders admitted shooting sports are increasing in popularity and they want more members in their ranks to sell cookies and nuts.

Top Bottom