APOD Firearms

Man started a gunfight in a gun range/shop. Found out why that was a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Moderators should monitor more closely and close threads that have served a logical purpose.

Analog Kid,

FRANKLY, I'm NOT at all fond of "closing threads" AND/OR complaints from "staff members" about anything but obviously unlawful/obscene speech, as I regard both as attempts to limit Constitutionally-protected FREEDOM OF SPEECH. - To quote the justly famous Justice of the SCOTUS, THURGOOD MARSHALL, "- - - - the remedy for offensive speech is more, rather than less, speech."
    (Despite what some members here believe, this forum is large enough to be a PUBLIC ACCOMODATION, which MAY NOT limit otherwise lawful speech NOR deny membership/comments/content based on race, color, creed, religious affiliation, political opinion or upon any other "non-merit cause". - There is a SCOTUS decision out of FL that clearly says that when a forum becomes "a public forum", as "open membership" without cost and/or has "numerous invitees", that it becomes a PUBLIC ACCOMODATION.)
    NOTE: That SCOTUS decision will, IF anyone cares to sue, would get TWITTER/FACEBOOK & other large forum's "hands slapped", IF the current membership of the SCOTUS was NOT so "cowardly" & obviously fearful of mass-media critics..

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He is the main character in all of Lee Childs books. He has retired and his son is writing the Reacher Books now.

Actually Andrew is his brother. They collaborated on a couple of the last books and he is fixing to take over the Jack Reacher series.

In January 2020, Child announced that he would be retiring from writing the Jack Reacher book series, and hand it to his brother Andrew Grant, who would write further books of the series under the surname Child.[23] He intended to write the next few books together with Grant before passing the series entirely over to him

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Fair point, I would GUESS, though I presume that "fair-minded people" do NOT believe that the American police agencies go about looking for INNOCENT people to PERSECUTE.
    (YES, I meant PERSECUTE, as in "persecuting the Christians" in Ancient Rome.)

Perhaps, we are getting to the SAD point here the average citizen actually believes the LYING/FAR LEFT & frequently "Anti-American" media??
    (I hope that that "view" of the average citizen is NOT that mistaken in their opinions.)

yours, satx
    I watch alot of true crime shows, the cops usually get it right. But for some unfortunate souls who are innocent once they end up in prison it becomes near impossible to get out. Our justice system should be about finding the truth, not who can play the best game. People do get railroaded.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Actually Andrew is his brother. They collaborated on a couple of the last books and he is fixing to take over the Jack Reacher series.

In January 2020, Child announced that he would be retiring from writing the Jack Reacher book series, and hand it to his brother Andrew Grant, who would write further books of the series under the surname Child.[23] He intended to write the next few books together with Grant before passing the series entirely over to him
    Your right it's his brother. They should of cast a big actor to play his part in the movies.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Analog Kid,

FRANKLY, I'm NOT at all fond of "closing threads" AND/OR complaints from "staff members" about anything but obviously unlawful/obscene speech, as I regard both as attempts to limit Constitutionally-protected FREEDOM OF SPEECH. - To quote the justly famous Justice of the SCOTUS, THURGOOD MARSHALL, "- - - - the remedy for offensive speech is more, rather than less, speech."
    (Despite what some members here believe, this forum is large enough to be a PUBLIC ACCOMODATION, which MAY NOT limit otherwise lawful speech NOR deny membership/comments/content based on race, color, creed, religious affiliation, political opinion or upon any other "non-merit cause". - There is a SCOTUS decision out of FL that clearly says that when a forum becomes "a public forum", as "open membership" without cost and/or has "numerous invitees", that it becomes a PUBLIC ACCOMODATION.)
    NOTE: That SCOTUS decision will, IF anyone cares to sue, would get TWITTER/FACEBOOK & other large forum's "hands slapped", IF the current membership of the SCOTUS was NOT so "cowardly" & obviously fearful of mass-media critics..

yours, satx
    Whatever.. you sure do bitch a lot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Are the books good? I'm assuming they are since they made movies. I'm looking for something new and easy to read

The books are much better than the movies by a bunch. Tom Cruise bought the movie rights to several of the books to make then into movies. Supposedly, there is talk that they are planning on adapting the books into a TV series.

I have read just about every Jack Reacher novel so far. Lee Child is an excellent author.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Sounds like a prosecutor/jury/judge problem.

Police deal with probable cause and arrests, not convictions, exonerations or innocence. There are many checks and balances in the system, learn what does what. I didn't bother reading your cherry picked examples, but why the hate directed at police? Were there bad arrests? I.e. arrests without PC? If not then it is a bad arrest, but arrests are good or bad based on the PC for the arrest, not if it resulted in a conviction or exoneration.

Perhaps if you directed your ire at the right people it could actually do something good.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

What hate directed at police?

I'm real tired of having to make the same points over and over again. The man said that children never lie about molestation. Which is patently untrue.

Because he said that MY knowledge and opinions were worthless, I provided factual data regarding case histories because that was being ignored by that same person. I didn't cherry pick, was just trying to show that it isn't NEVER... cases did exist where it did happen. Everybody always wants proof... that is proof of my point. I did a search and provided the result with the largest number of factual case history, along with info about the history and studies of false allegations. I am not responsible for the opinions and contents of those histories and studies, rather than cherry pick, I posted them in toto. So to say that I have hate directed at the police is so far from the truth as to be on Uranus.

Anybody that was alive during the 80s and 90s knows or should know, if they were paying attention, that there were investigatorial mistakes made when questioning children. I didn't make that up. The facts are there to find and it seems as tho you read NONE of the info I provided, yet you want to wade into this swinging. Bless your heart.

(BTW I have worked with local LEO agencies for 40 years and you will never find a greater LE supporter than I. That doesn't mean I allow somebody to claim that investigators can't be fooled, and that they never knowingly or unknowingly lead a witness or suspect or accept young witnesses saying something just to please them. Again, this is DOCUMENTED case history and pointing it out in the face of repeated denials is not hate! Jeez everything people don't like today, they play the hate card.)

My only ire is in being lied to and having somebody in a discussion deny all FACTUAL HISTORY. I'm not mad at LEOs, I'm mad at this stupid discussion full of factual denials and twisting/spinning... those are things that lefties do, I don't expect it from somebody here.

I don't need a mission. I don't need to "do something good". I'm here for HONEST discussions. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I watch alot of true crime shows, the cops usually get it right. But for some unfortunate souls who are innocent once they end up in prison it becomes near impossible to get out. Our justice system should be about finding the truth, not who can play the best game. People do get railroaded.

DoubleDuty,

The REAL number of innocent people, who get "railroaded", is VERY FEW & as long as it is PEOPLE who are judges, jury members police officers, etc. it will forever be that way, as PEOPLE make errors.
    FYI, I do NOT suggest that we STOP prosecuting vicious criminals, even knowing, in a VERY FEW cases, that innocent people go to prison or are even put to death..

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    DoubleDuty,

The REAL number of innocent people, who get "railroaded", is VERY FEW & as long as it is PEOPLE who are judges, jury members police officers, etc. it will forever be that way, as PEOPLE make errors.
    FYI, I do NOT suggest that we STOP prosecuting vicious criminals, even knowing, in a VERY FEW cases, that innocent people go to prison or are even put to death..

yours, satx

Really? Have you ever actually researched anything before posting some of anything you ever post?

The Innocence Project works to exonerate people in the United States who have been wrongfully convicted of crime. It has estimated that between 2.3 percent and 5 percent of all U.S. prisoners are innocent. With the number of incarcerated Americans being approximately 2.4 million, by that estimate as many as 120,000 people may be incarcerated as a result of wrongful conviction

I found that in just a couple of minutes of searching online without a lot of effort. Sure looks like a lot more than a few as you state.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom