APOD Firearms

Man started a gunfight in a gun range/shop. Found out why that was a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Holy shit, you nailed it!! It was staring at us in the face the whole time. SATX is Jack Reacher, the most bad ass MP/CID of all time—or at least SATX has assumed his identity.

Honestly, the more I read about SATX’s military badassery and unbelievable exploits, the more I am reminded of sitting at a table with my alcoholic and partially senile uncle. How the Army is surviving without them kicking so much ass is a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started reading Lee Child's Jack Reacher books back in the late 1990's, or somewhere there about. For years, I didn't even know the author was British! He's an excellent writer and one of my favorites.
    Guns International

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Fair point, I would GUESS, though I presume that "fair-minded people" do NOT believe that the American police agencies go about looking for INNOCENT people to PERSECUTE.
    (YES, I meant PERSECUTE, as in "persecuting the Christians" in Ancient Rome.)

Perhaps, we are getting to the SAD point here the average citizen actually believes the LYING/FAR LEFT & frequently "Anti-American" media??
    (I hope that that "view" of the average citizen is NOT that mistaken in their opinions.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Fair point, I would GUESS, though I presume that "fair-minded people" do NOT believe that the American police agencies go about looking for INNOCENT people to PERSECUTE.

Perhaps, we are getting to the SAD point here the average citizen actually believes the LYING/FAR LEFT & frequently "Anti-American" media??
    (I hope that that "view" of the average citizen is NOT that mistaken in their opinions.)

yours, satx

Just curious I guess on my part, but you seem to put the blame on everything on the leftist, the Democrats, the media. Why is that?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So you are not aware of the Mc Martin Day Care trail......only the longest and most expensive trail inUS history ( at least at the time.

MONGOOSE,

Did you read & understand POST # 77?? = That post is the TRUTH about that UGLY MESS.
    (I think that ALL of the charges/countercharges/civil cases were finally DISMISSED, with prejudice.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Holy shit, you nailed it!! It was staring at us in the face the whole time. SATX is Jack Reacher, the most bad ass MP/CID of all time—or at least SATX has assumed his identity.

Honestly, the more I read about SATX’s military badassery and unbelievable exploits, the more I am reminded of sitting at a table with my alcoholic and partially senile uncle. How the Army is surviving without them kicking so much ass is a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mp_tx,

UNFORTUNATELY we have any number of members on TGT who are DIMWITTED enough to believe that SNARKINESS & ARROGANT FOOLISHNESS are a good substitute for subject KNOWLEDGE. = The SA/SSA & other investigators of USACIDC are in many ways BETTER than the FBI now is.
    (For starters, CID doesn't have a 7th Floor FULL of CROOKS, CREEPS, CHEAP POLITICIANS & CLOWNS.)

YES, I'm proud that Nita & I got at least a goodly number of child molesters, rapists & assorted other vicious criminals off the streets, over nearly 3 decades. = We did our part of the much greater whole effort.
    Nonetheless, we were NO better nor worse than many another pair of LE agents. - Just 2 hardworking LEOs.
    (You may want to think on that fact, before embarrassing yourself further.)

yours, satx

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    MONGOOSE,

Did you read & understand POST # 77?? = That post is the TRUTH about that UGLY MESS.
    (I think that ALL of the charges/countercharges/civil cases were finally DISMISSED, with prejudice.)

yours, satx
    MONGOOSE,

yours, satx
    mp_tx,

UNFORTUNATELY we have any number of members on TGT who are DIMWITTED enough to believe that SNARKINESS & ARROGANT FOOLISHNESS are a good substitute for subject KNOWLEDGE. = The SA/SSA & other investigators of USACIDC are in many ways BETTER than the FBI now is.
    (For starters, CID doesn't have a 7th Floor FULL of CROOKS, CREEPS, CHEAP POLITICIANS & CLOWNS.)

YES, I'm proud that Nita & I got at least a goodly number of child molesters, rapists & assorted other vicious criminals off the streets, over nearly 3 decades. = We did our part of the much greater whole effort.
    Nonetheless, we were NO better nor worse than many another pair of LE agents. - Just 2 hardworking LEOs.

yours, satx

Actually, the children did make unfounded accusations. Unfortunately, those accusations were generated with with help of faulty suggestive interview techniques, but made by the children no less. As in all cases, the authorities were the ones responsible for leveling the charges.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Actually, the children did make unfounded accusations. Unfortunately, those accusations were generated with with help of faulty suggestive interview techniques, but made by the children no less. As in all cases, the authorities were the ones responsible for leveling the charges.

mongoose,

IF what the court papers stated is correct, the LAWYERS & their "hired guns" pressured the children into saying what they were TOLD to say. - That is called SUBORNING PERJURY.
    The children did NOT start that horrid mess.
    (That's WHY the courts finally ENDED the mess & paid-off the jailed people. = Can $$$$$ compensate a person for losing years of freedom?? - I think NOT.)

yours, satx

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    mp_tx,

yours, satx

So now you are saying you and Nita stayed partners for 30 years? Uncle Sugar thought you two made such good partners, they PCS’d you together all over the world to remain CID’s top crime fighting duo for 30 years? That’s some straight up Jack Reacher shit right there. Keep the extraordinary stories coming, Unc!

Before you start beating your chest on the competence of Army CID, the family of Vannessa Guillien and Soldiers stationed at Fort Hood would say otherwise. If you know anything about the case, or have spoken to anyone involved in the case, you would keep quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I had jury duty about 6 months ago.. It was a sex assault against a minor family member and had apparently gone on for a while... The (I don't have enough bad words here) defendant's counsel during voider told us that very fact... over 90% of the cases the child is telling the truth about the sexual attacks... Anyway we go through the process and I let them know that I shouldn't be on the jury as I have already made my mind up about his guilt... Remember, we only had to have a reasonable doubt as to his guilt... So I told the judge while pointing at his attorney that even his own counsel told us that over 90% of the cases the child is telling the truth, and if that wasn't reasonable doubt I don't know what was... Was I wrong, dunno maybe... But between that and several other statements during voider I had pretty much already made up my mind..
    Does voider = Vor dire?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Here: (and btw the first time you mentioned clearing anybody)

You really don't know about the Martensville and Klassen cases? These were internationally famous!

As well as the McMartin preschool case and these others:

References included here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria
    And that is out of how many true and correct claims? Whats the overall percentage of true/false claims?

I'm with SATX here, the VAST majority of outcries by children are true.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    From the second news video:

While crying, "I just want to hold him while he's still warm, I just want to tell him how much I love him."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And that is out of how many true and correct claims? Whats the overall percentage of true/false claims?

I don't think anyone is suggesting or implying that all children are making us stories about something this serious, but there are documented cases where the wrong person was accused a very horrific crime, and convicted for that crime when they were innocent. And whether they were led in that direction by an investigator, or whether the child was cunning enough to lie and get adults to believe them is irrelevant, if an innocent person is convicted of a crime they didn't commit.

Even if exonerated, that person is still going to carry that stigma around with them forever. Their life they had is over with and essentially ruined. How many have committed suicide because of false accusations? How many bankrupted because of legal fees and loss of job because of the accusations? How many divorced because the spouse thought they were guilty?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Go back and read post #67, I've already posted that info.

AND, I would have been with him too if that's what he had said. Instead, we've spent all this time and effort going off-topic bickering over his denials of real case history and widely known and accepted FACTS. To ignore that there was a period of witch hunt and abuse of innocent men by zealots is to look forward to another Salem.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So now you are saying you and Nita stayed partners for 30 years? Uncle Sugar thought you two made such good partners, they PCS’d you together all over the world to remain CID’s top crime fighting duo for 30 years? That’s some straight up Jack Reacher shit right there. Keep the extraordinary stories coming, Unc!

Before you start beating your chest on the competence of Army CID, the family of Vannessa Guillien and Soldiers stationed at Fort Hood would say otherwise. If you know anything about the case, or have spoken to anyone involved in the case, you would keep quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mp-tx,

NO, Nita & I were not PCS'd together for our whole career but we worked a many cases together over the years. - Have you ever heard of TDY??

Are you really so IGNORANT/CLUELESS as to believe the main-SLIME MEDIA about the Guillien case OR about much of anything else??
    The main-SLIME MEDIA LIES MORE than they report the TRUTH.
    (IF the "news" is any more controversial than the latest football scores, the media likely LIED in their "news" reports.)
    Army CID is far from perfect BUT what is claimed about the agency by "outsiders" is more often common GOSSIP, GUESSES & simply FICTION, rather than FACTS.

SINCE I learned the TRUTH about The Gulf of Tonkin incident, I have believed virtually NOTHING that "the press reported", absent POSITIVE PROOF from KNOWN/NEUTRAL sources.
    (In 2021, I suggest that everyone should DISTRUST what the "News" reports, as their real "agenda" is "selling soap", PROMOTING the causes of the FAR LEFT & causing public controversy.)

President Trump WAS 100% CORRECT imVho. = The main-SLIME PRESS is THE ENEMY of TRUTH & one of the "enemies domestic", that every GI took an oath to defend The Constitution against.

just my OPINIONS, satx.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

cycleguy2300,

AGREED in 98%+ of such cases. = MOST of the remaining 1-2 percent are FALSE & PROMOTED BY adults for various reasons.
    (An old boarding school chum of mine, who is now a REALLY SMART attorney, claims that "making false accusations of child abuse", even when the couple have NO children, is in 2021 commonplace in divorce filings.)

yours, satx

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Go back and read post #67, I've already posted that info.

AND, I would have been with him too if that's what he had said. Instead, we've spent all this time and effort going off-topic bickering over his denials of real case history and widely known and accepted FACTS. To ignore that there was a period of witch hunt and abuse of innocent men by zealots is to look forward to another Salem.
    Sounds like a prosecutor/jury/judge problem.

Police deal with probable cause and arrests, not convictions, exonerations or innocence. There are many checks and balances in the system, learn what does what. I didn't bother reading your cherry picked examples, but why the hate directed at police? Were there bad arrests? I.e. arrests without PC? If not then it is a bad arrest, but arrests are good or bad based on the PC for the arrest, not if it resulted in a conviction or exoneration.

Perhaps if you directed your ire at the right people it could actually do something good.

Top Bottom