Lynx Defense

Man started a gunfight in a gun range/shop. Found out why that was a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Is this not a discussion site?

Yes my opinions are free to read, are offered FWIW, and YOU are FREE to not read them, or to leave the thread at any time.

Where are YOUR FACTS? To my knowledge anecdotal experience often cannot be extrapolated to generalities. I give you credit for your experience, and thank you for your service, but when you ignore history that every other person on earth knows, it is YOU that is BLOWING SMOKE.

I claimed no expertise, unlike you. All I claimed is to dispute your assertion and obvious belief that all men are guilty and all children tell the truth about molestation. Which is documented to be incorrect. I don't need any particular expertise to see that. Again with the false logic fallacy and now with the personal attack.

bbbass,

WHERE EXACTLY did I say ANY of what you claim that I said?? = FYI, between just Nita & I (for two of the many sex crimes investigators), we have cleared the name of MANY men (and a few women) who were FALSELY accused of various SEX CRIMES but we also arrested a number of GUILTY criminals, of both genders, who PREYED UPON the innocents of society.
    (REAL LEOs do NOT make a practice of persecuting the innocent members of society, despite what the "cop-hating press" falsely and routinely claims. = FINDING FACTS is the PROFESSIONAL LEO's "stock in trade".)

yours, satx
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    To All,

Before you decide that the way that MOST of us "children of the 1950s" were raised was CORRECT, may I suggest that you consider the meaning of a verse from THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON, "Strike your son & teach him to SIN."

yours, satx
    When you are beaten for telling the truth that is child abuse, as I said before how terrible for you and that young girl.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    "Sources say that the man got into an argument with a clerk who told him he should not have a loaded gun until
    he got inside the range." - Article
    Wrong.jpg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    WHERE EXACTLY did I say ANY of what you claim that I said?? = FYI, between just Nita & I (for two of the many sex crimes investigators), we have cleared the name of MANY men (and a few women) who were FALSELY accused of various SEX CRIMES but we also arrested a great number of GUILTY criminals, of both genders, who PREYED UPON the innocents of society.

Here: (and btw the first time you mentioned clearing anybody)

FYI, I've NEVER in over 4 decades known of a case where a child under 10YO "made up" or "imagined" a case of sexual abuse, indecent assault, incest, rape and/or .other "sex crimes".
    LITTLE KIDS don't KNOW enough about sexual molestation to FOOL an investigator
    I can count the actual/KNOWN cases of "false accusations" by "the under 10YO set" of victims on one hand.
    you are just "blowing smoke".

You really don't know about the Martensville and Klassen cases? These were internationally famous!

As well as the McMartin preschool case and these others:

References included here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    " Studies on the rate of recorded child abuse allegations in the 1990s suggested that the overall rate of false accusations at that time was approximately 10%.[1][2][3][4] "

" There is also evidence that the UK (and formerly the New Zealand) systems of paying substantial compensation to alleged victims and their parents without requiring proof of the allegation, can provide a motive for making false allegations.[citation needed] A number of false allegations of childhood sexual abuse have arisen from the use of a scientifically discredited technique called facilitated communication. "

" A false allegation can occur as the result of intentional lying on the part of the accuser;[6] or unintentionally, due to a confabulation, either arising spontaneously due to mental illness[6] or resulting from deliberate or accidental suggestive questioning, coaching of the child, or faulty interviewing techniques.[7] "

"False accusations can be prompted, aggravated or perpetuated by law enforcement, child protection or prosecution officials who become convinced of the guilt of the accused.

See also: False allegations when interviewing children

Disconfirming evidence can lead to cognitive dissonance on the part of these individuals, and lead them to deliberately or unconsciously attempt to resolve dissonance by ignoring, discounting or even destroying the evidence. Once any steps are taken to justify the decision that the accused is guilty, it becomes very difficult for the official to accept disconfirming evidence, and this can continue during appeals, retrials or any other effort to revisit a verdict.[9]"

"Of the millions of reports of child sexual abuse each year to state protective agencies in the US (including both substantiated and unsubstantiated reports), there is no formal determination as to what portion of those represent false allegations.

Findings of multiple studies performed between 1987 and 1995 suggested that the rate of false allegations ranged from a low of 6% to a high of 35% of reported child sexual abuse cases.[8] Experts have argued that the reason for the wide range of differences in the rates resulted from different criteria used in various studies. In particular, a lower rate was found in studies that considered false allegations to be based on intentional lying, whereas the higher rates were reported in studies that also added unintentional false allegations resulting from suggestive questioning.[8] A 1992 meta-analysis suggests that false allegations represent between two and ten percent of all allegations.[6]

False reports are more common in custody disputes.[21][22][23] Children appear to rarely make up false allegations of their own accord[22][23][24] but will make false allegations if coercively questioned by individuals who believe abuse has occurred but refuse to accept children's statements that they were not abused (as was common practice during the satanic ritual abuse moral panic).[7] False allegations can also arise as a consequence of false memories, sometimes implanted by questionable therapeutic practices.[25]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_allegation_of_child_sexual_abuse

Look, I'm not making ANY allegation or accusation of bad practices by ANYBODY, esp NOT YOU.

What I AM saying is that at the very least, you have left us with wrong impressions and an inaccurate recall or knowledge of worldwide history on the subject of false allegations. Anybody that was an adult living in the 80s and 90s would know of these cases. I guess you were too busy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    " Studies on the rate of recorded child abuse allegations in the 1990s suggested that the overall rate of false accusations at that time was approximately 10%.[1][2][3][4] "

" There is also evidence that the UK (and formerly the New Zealand) systems of paying substantial compensation to alleged victims and their parents without requiring proof of the allegation, can provide a motive for making false allegations.[citation needed] A number of false allegations of childhood sexual abuse have arisen from the use of a scientifically discredited technique called facilitated communication. "

" A false allegation can occur as the result of intentional lying on the part of the accuser;[6] or unintentionally, due to a confabulation, either arising spontaneously due to mental illness[6] or resulting from deliberate or accidental suggestive questioning, coaching of the child, or faulty interviewing techniques.[7] "

"False accusations can be prompted, aggravated or perpetuated by law enforcement, child protection or prosecution officials who become convinced of the guilt of the accused.

Disconfirming evidence can lead to cognitive dissonance on the part of these individuals, and lead them to deliberately or unconsciously attempt to resolve dissonance by ignoring, discounting or even destroying the evidence. Once any steps are taken to justify the decision that the accused is guilty, it becomes very difficult for the official to accept disconfirming evidence, and this can continue during appeals, retrials or any other effort to revisit a verdict.[9]"

"Of the millions of reports of child sexual abuse each year to state protective agencies in the US (including both substantiated and unsubstantiated reports), there is no formal determination as to what portion of those represent false allegations.

Findings of multiple studies performed between 1987 and 1995 suggested that the rate of false allegations ranged from a low of 6% to a high of 35% of reported child sexual abuse cases.[8] Experts have argued that the reason for the wide range of differences in the rates resulted from different criteria used in various studies. In particular, a lower rate was found in studies that considered false allegations to be based on intentional lying, whereas the higher rates were reported in studies that also added unintentional false allegations resulting from suggestive questioning.[8] A 1992 meta-analysis suggests that false allegations represent between two and ten percent of all allegations.[6]

False reports are more common in custody disputes.[21][22][23] Children appear to rarely make up false allegations of their own accord[22][23][24] but will make false allegations if coercively questioned by individuals who believe abuse has occurred but refuse to accept children's statements that they were not abused (as was common practice during the satanic ritual abuse moral panic).[7] False allegations can also arise as a consequence of false memories, sometimes implanted by questionable therapeutic practices.[25]"

Look, I'm not making ANY allegation or accusation of bad practices by ANYBODY, esp NOT YOU.

What I AM saying is that at the very least, you have left us with wrong impressions and an inaccurate recall or knowledge of worldwide history on the subject of false allegations. Anybody that was an adult living in the 80s and 90s would know of these cases. I guess you were too busy.

Factor in another very similar subject, very loosely related, false confessions from the accused. There are many, many cases of innocent people that have gone to prison from "coerced" confessions by LE officers and investigators. Proven beyond even a shadow of any doubt the convicted person was innocent of the crimes they were accused and convicted for.

In many cases, as stated by SATX, truth and facts are not stock and trade of LE by any stretch of the imagination. Closing and clearing cases is the most important thing they are looking for. They are looking to clear the case and dump it in the prosecutor's lap and let him worry about getting the conviction.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Just like false confessions.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

You really don't know about the Martensville and Klassen cases? These were internationally famous!

References included here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Time for this victim of regular childhood sex abuse by an older brother to go make my demented wife dinner.

Have fun ya'll!!!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Because I was told that MY knowledge and opinions don't matter...

He has told me that on numerous occasions. He doesn't like anything he says to be challenged. If he posts it, we are just suppose to accept it as gospel and go along with our day.

Well, my father taught us from a very early age to question everything. Even him!

Famous quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." Abraham LIncoln.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

bbbass,

What I DO KNOW about ALL of those cases is that the CHILDREN ACCUSED exactly NOBODY. = Instead it was ADULTS (and their LAWYERS) who (as far as I can find out) FALSELY ACCUSED other ADULTS.
    (In point of FACT, finally the LE agencies./courts CLEARED almost all of the accused. = BIG, UGLY & mostly NEEDLESS MESS.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Last edited:

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Dayem! Jack Reacher has entered the discussion of this topic!

Holy shit, you nailed it!! It was staring at us in the face the whole time. SATX is Jack Reacher, the most bad ass MP/CID of all time—or at least SATX has assumed his identity.

Honestly, the more I read about SATX’s military badassery and unbelievable exploits, the more I am reminded of sitting at a table with my alcoholic and partially senile uncle. How the Army is surviving without them kicking so much ass is a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom