Gun Zone Deals

Man started a gunfight in a gun range/shop. Found out why that was a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And Aaron, we may disagree on some of the finer points, but you do make some really good counter-points that I need to think over.

The plea bargaining is a very good counter-point you made. I'm not saying all plea bargaining should be abolished, but for some crimes, especially violent criminal acts, maybe plea bargaining isn't the best solution to the problem. I also think many prosecutors are just lazy, or care about racking up another one in their win column. IMO, that is entirely the wrong attitude for any prosecutor to take. They are suppose to be representing the community, and the victims.

Let me mull over some of the other points, and add to the discussion more later. Good post Aaron.

I can say the same for your points. This is far from a simple issue, and I doubt there's one perfect answer to it. It would likely require a series of compromises, and would still be far from perfect.

I do fully agree on the plea bargains. I see absolutely no reason why a rapist or a murder should be given anything less than the maximum possible sentence. Plea bargains should be reserved for less serious crimes that do not pose a significant risk to the general population. I would also like to see major changes to how prosecutors work. I find the idea that they can be even remotely influenced by politics or personal gain to be an affront to justice. We have seen time after time what happens when politics get involved in the pursuit of justice. It's never good.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I can say the same for your points. This is far from a simple issue, and I doubt there's one perfect answer to it. It would likely require a series of compromises, and would still be far from perfect.

I do fully agree on the plea bargains. I see absolutely no reason why a rapist or a murder should be given anything less than the maximum possible sentence. Plea bargains should be reserved for less serious crimes that do not pose a significant risk to the general population. I would also like to see major changes to how prosecutors work. I find the idea that they can be even remotely influenced by politics or personal gain to be an affront to justice. We have seen time after time what happens when politics get involved in the pursuit of justice. It's never good.

Maverick44,

IF I HAD MY WAY, Texas would outlaw "plea bargaining" for ANY VIOLENT FELONY & (supposedly NON-violent) felonies like BURGLARY, when committed while POSSESSING ANY DEADLY WEAPON, would upon conviction RECEIVE THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE allowed by Texas law.

ONE of the "most disgusting" MISCARRIAGES of JUSTICE happened in December 2020 in Southside SATX, when a PREDATOR accosted a 19YO lady in a bank parking lot about 2100 hours, showed her a hunting knife, ordered her to "pull off your pants & bend over. ---- I'm going to !@#$ you like you deserve."
    (The CRIMINAL RAN AWAY, when a car pulled into the parking lot & "threw up his bright lights on" the area.)

About 2 hours later, the criminal was arrested by SAPD, transported to jail, "pled out" to "simple assault" & received 45 days in jail & ONE YEAR probation.

Believe it or not, NUMEROUS "LIBs" here in Bexar County WHINED & COMPLAINED that the PREDATOR "was treated too harshly", as they said, "He really didn't do anything bad. --- She wasn't even injured."
    (I wonder if the victim of that attempted rape, WHILE ARMED with a knife, had happened to their daughter/sister/niece/wife/etc. IF the local LIBs would have been quite so "understanding" IF it had been a lady in their family who was TERRORIZED??)

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom