Capitol Armory ad

Man started a gunfight in a gun range/shop. Found out why that was a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It went about as well as you would expect it would. It's a shame that he took two innocent people with him though.

At this time, Lopinto said it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged by the two customers and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals.

The suspect is one of the deceased on scene, according to Lopinto.

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    There are much better articles and a press briefing from Jefferson Parish Sheriff Lopinto here https://wwltv.com/embeds/video/289-79f33a51-5050-4562-9c01-0a3cd02cad56/iframe?jwsource=cl

This is very concerning, eery, and sad. They are having a hard time coming up with a motive. Why aren't they at least floating out there this may have been a hate crime. His mother has already posted on Facebook he did not shoot first, that the employees shot at him first. There is a ton of video disputing this. And to do this with his brother and brothers two young children...unbelievable. You just never, ever, know. Disturbing to say the least. Another situation that will be used against our 2nd Amendment rights.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    There are much better articles and a press briefing from Jefferson Parish Sheriff Lopinto here https://wwltv.com/embeds/video/289-79f33a51-5050-4562-9c01-0a3cd02cad56/iframe?jwsource=cl

This is very concerning, eery, and sad. They are having a hard time coming up with a motive. Why aren't they at least floating out there this may have been a hate crime. His mother has already posted on Facebook he did not shoot first, that the employees shot at him first. There is a ton of video disputing this. And to do this with his brother and brothers two young children...unbelievable. You just never, ever, know. Disturbing to say the least. Another situation that will be used against our 2nd Amendment rights.

Because it's pretty obvious he shot first.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hell yes I would.

Mississippi Texan,

When I was a "shirttail kid" in NETX, ANYTHING that ANY adult said was AUTOMATICALLY PRESUMED to be 100% TRUE & every parent that I knew (including MINE) "backed up" just about every other adult.
    (This was ESPECIALLY TRUE of clergy & school officials.)

When I was 12YO, I had my first girlfriend, "Ginger", who was inseparable from me from grade 3-7.
    One afternoon, walking home from school, she told me that a 5th grade male teacher had "touched her" between the legs & had pulled her underpants down.

I told Mother as soon as I got home. - She whipped me with a heavy cowboy belt until I was seeping blood out of my underwear.
    When my Dad got home from work, she told him what I had said & I got whipped a second time, until I literally couldn't sit down.

BOTH parents told me that they KNEW Mr. R & that he was a "good Christian" & a "church-going man" AND that I was to NEVER say anything like that ever again about a teacher.

About 5 years later, that same "good Christian" & "church-going man" was CAUGHT WITH a 9YO girl by a female teacher, with her dress up & his pants down to his ankles.
    As a result, the teacher was fired by the ISD & "run out of town" but was NOT prosecuted.

FYI, that was the way that things were often "handled" in the 1950s & early 1960s.
    (When I was a Junior in college, Mother FINALLY admitted that she had made an error in NOT reporting what I had told her to the police.)

BTW, "Ginger's folks" did NOT believe her either & about a year later, when we were in 7th grade, her parents sent her away to live with her aunt in OK..
    (One wonders how many other children that Mr. R got away with molesting.)

ADDENDA: Some 10-12 years later, Mr. R was teaching in a school in far South Texas. = One Friday afternoon after school, he "disappeared without a trace" & has NOT been seen since. - It's been over 50 years since he "mysterously disappeared"
    (I'm enough of a vigilante to HOPE that he got caught with another child & "somebody's Daddy" took care of him PERMANENTLY. )

yours, satx

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Mississippi Texan,

When I was a "shirttail kid" in NETX, ANYTHING that ANY adult said was AUTOMATICALLY PRESUMED to be 100% TRUE & every parent that I knew (including MINE) "backed up" just about every other adult.
    (This was ESPECIALLY TRUE of clergy & school officials.)

When I was 12YO, I had my first girlfriend, "Ginger", who was inseparable from me from grade 3-7.
    One afternoon, walking home from school, she told me that a 5th grade male teacher had "touched her" between the legs & had pulled her underpants down.
    (I told Mother as soon as I got home. - She whipped me with a heavy cowboy belt until I was seeping blood out of my underwear.
    When My dad got home from work, she told him what I had said & I got whipped a second time, until I literally couldn't sit down.

BOTH parents told me that they KNEW Mr. R & that he was a "good Christian" & a "church-going man" AND that I was to never say anything like that again about a teacher.

About 5 years later, that same "good Christian" & "church-going man" was CAUGHT WITH a 9YO girl, with her dress up & his pants down to his ankles.
    As a result, the teacher was fired by the ISD & "run out of town" but was NOT prosecuted.

FYI, that was the way that things were often "handled" in the 1950s & early 1960s.
    (When I was a Junior in college, Mother FINALLY admitted that she had made an error in NOT reporting what I had told her to the police.)

BTW, "Ginger's folks" did NOT believe her either & about a year later, when we were in 7th grade, sent her away to live with her aunt in OK..
    (One wonders how many other children that Mr. R got away with molesting.)

yours, satx
    How terrible for her and for you.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Would you expect a mom to claim her son did something wrong...
    Same old story - their kid killed two people BUT they started it. Now, they will demand justice for their son, the "victim".

SATX78247, there were/are folks and groups that are rarely punished in Texas. Ministers, winning coaches, and athletes, are in that group.
    I still see it out here.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Same old story - their kid killed two people BUT they started it. Now, they will demand justice for their son, the "victim".

SATX78247, there were/are folks and groups that are rarely punished in Texas. Ministers, winning coaches, and athletes, are in that group.
    I still see it out here.

AusSchwaben,

That experience in my childhood had only ONE possibly positive outcome. = It made me into what one US General Officer once called "the avenging angel".
    (Another Division CDR, MG C___________ , was heard more than once to tell someone: We have a pair of human bloodhounds in the local CID detachment that will find any evidence of Rape or Child Molestation & WOE unto the criminal if the 2 of them finds that evidence. They will neither forgive nor forget nor quit until the criminal is punished IF there is evidence of a crime against a woman or child.)
    My longtime partner was SA Dolores Anita G_______________ (CW3). "Nita" was an expert at getting victims, witnesses & sometimes even vicious sex criminals to talk to her.
    (FYI, the MOST common reason that sex criminals are NOT ever punished is that the victims are too ashamed to talk about being assaulted, molested or raped.)

yours, satx
    USMPR, Retired

Last edited:

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    SATX, thank you for your service sir. That is a very sad story. I grew up with the same sentiment towards adults. I can't imagine this situation however.

Double Duty, I agree that situational awareness is a given any time, but I don't believe she was armed. From the articles I have read, she was there to pick up her firearm she had ordered for protection. I would imagine she was thinking she was probably in about the safest environment she could be in.

Not gonna lie. Was planning to shoot indoor range today and just don't feel comfortable right now.

Top Bottom