Gun Zone Deals

Man Reports Gun Stolen from his Car - Police Arrest Him and Confiscate All Firearms

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Never talk to the Police, even if they are all nice and smiles. Specially if they are all nice and smiles.

As far as the handgun is concerned it fell off the boat in the lake.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What are the odds that this is designed to be a test case? I mean, this is certain to be litigated in an effort to show the harm to an important civil right. The CT statute is an unconstitutional burden on an individual's right to keep and bear arms, and the facts of this case PROVE what that burden is. It's not speculative.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Or, now having 20-20 hindsight, I bet he wishes he never would have reported the theft and just ate the loss of the handgun. That law is going to have the effect of others not reporting stolen firearms. And then the politicians will laud themselves and point out how much the law has reduced firearms thefts.
    If his registered firearms ever turns up in the wrong place & he didn't report the theft it's also gonna suck. Rock & a hard place.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Rule #1 - When given the choice of prosecuting a life long repeat offender or a white citizen who has never been arrested, the system will always go for the latter.

Rule #2 - If anything is ever stolen from your car, the car was locked and the perp must have used a slim jim, hacked the On Star or used some kind of master key to gain access. Never say that the car was not locked.

Rule #3 - If asked whether you have any other firearms, your response should be that you want an attorney and say nothing more

Rule #4 - In case of any doubts, always refer to Rule #1

Rule #5 - stay the hell out of Connecticut.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Takes about 5 minutes to put a lockbox in your car. Which if you live in Conneticut you may want to do.

He left a gun in an unlocked car to boot? now thats stupid.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Takes about 5 minutes to put a lockbox in your car. Which if you live in Conneticut you may want to do.

He left a gun in an unlocked car to boot? now thats stupid.

Just wait until somebody decides your standards are too low and feels the need to dictate what measures you must take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Rule #1 - When given the choice of prosecuting a life long repeat offender or a white citizen who has never been arrested, the system will always go for the latter.

Rule #2 - If anything is ever stolen from your car, the car was locked and the perp must have used a slim jim, hacked the On Star or used some kind of master key to gain access. Never say that the car was not locked.

Rule #3 - If asked whether you have any other firearms, your response should be that you want an attorney and say nothing more

Rule #4 - In case of any doubts, always refer to Rule #1
    Hypothetically speaking: Rule Number 2 would be absolutely incorrect as far as a cunning and somewhat unethical gun owner might go. Thus no gun ever will have been stolen from his car unless he is in travel status and legally moving firearms locked in his trunk. Really now, wasn't the stolen firearm in his home when stolen, wasn't there a break in, wasn't that glass from a broken window on the floor or pieces of a broken front or back door lock lying there, weren't his drawers and closets opened and belongings strewn about, wasn't the lamp broken, didn't it look as if someone ransacked at least part of his abode by the time the police arrived after he called them to report a stolen firearm from his home? Just all hypothetical as to what a somewhat unethical but cunning gun owner who suffers a loss of a gun due to theft might claim to avoid being arrested and having his other guns seized. I would never do such a thing nor do I recommend that anyone do it but I suppose someone with less than stellar ethics or none at all might try it if there were no video surveillance cameras to suggest a fraudulent report to the police. By the way, fraudulent reports to the police are a criminal act.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Just wait until somebody decides your standards are too low and feels the need to dictate what measures you must take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I set standards for myself all the time. One of those standards is to be smart enough to at least lock the doors on my car if I am leaving a firearm inside of it. If I ever leave one in my car, that is stolen due to me having left the vehicle unlocked - shame on me for being that moronic.

By the way, maybe you have not noticed, due possibly to youth and inexperience or whatever, but people have a habit of deciding which standards are good enough or not for all of us and then dictating them to us. In fact, every country in the world of which I am aware has such standards set by people usually for themselves (not always the case) and for others (always the case); they are called: laws, rules, regulations, codes and so on. You may not like them, just as I do not like many of them, but if you choose to violate them, you do so at your own peril legally speaking.

Top Bottom