• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    This has to have already been thought of, and must be available somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Is there anywhere that offers like a 1-week "camp" (call it a vacation, a retreat, a boot-camp, whatever) that is just a week of real-life training on guns & self-defense? I would love to go away once a year for a week and get a combination of training/experience during the day and some adult cocktails in the evening. I'm looking for something where you can bring your guns (or rent them if you need to) and have a qualified expert go thru real-life self-defense scenarios and well as offering further marksmanship training. It would almost be like a military boot camp I guess. It could also provide some knife fighting/defense and hand-to-hand combat/defense training.

I just think it would be the ultimate "guy camp" where you could enjoy shooting $%!, some physical training if you like, learn something new, and stogies & hooch at night (if you're so inclined). I would only be interested in something being offered by instructors that are true experts in the field.

Anyway... what are your thoughts? Even if you were someone who thought they already knew everything they needed to know, wouldn't it still be a blast (pun intended) to just get away for a week and have access to unique shooting ranges or just chill out?

If this already exists PLEASE let me know (and let me know what the $$ is if you know that).

Later...
    Hurley's Gold

2ndAmendmentGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Thanks TXInvestigator. Something like what you've linked to is pretty close to what I was thinking of. Anyone know of anything that's a bit closer? Also, I wonder if there's anything that offers close to the same as this, but just a bit more relaxed. I don't mind the physical challenge, and actually love the endurance aspect of it, but thought it would be cool if it were somewhere where the lodgings and food were also part of the package.

I can see where there might be an issue with too many fat-boy Jack Bower wannabes, and perhaps there's worry about liability, but I can't think of anything better than getting a crew of 3-4 of your similarly-minded friends and hitting one of these camps for a week (or even a long weekend). Think it would be even better if you could relax at the end of the day in the same location. Like a hunting lodge for survival/tactical/artillary skills.

Now I'm laughing to myself 'cause it sounds like I just want to join a militia group for a week! :-) Have a great weekend everyone.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have taken several of the TFTT classes, and they are the real deal. Max is a Marine Force Recon, and his company has trained many more groups than is on his website. Think Air Marshals, SWAT teams, foreign militaries, OUR military teams, etc. Since I know the quality of his courses he instantly comes to mind.

All but his Combat Fieldcraft course you are off in the evening to do as you please.

With enough PAID interest Max will come to Texas

Top Bottom