• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Couple years ago there was a list of 223 brass to use for 300 Blackout. I remember Lake City, but otherwise I don’t remember. Is ICC any good? Thanks
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Its pretty easy using one of the tiny chop saws from Harbor Freight. Get the jig off of ebay. It makes it super easy.

Cut it at the base of the shoulder, run it through the resizing die, trim the case. Its that easy.

keep in mind if you use LC brass you have to ream the primer pockets. But it’s great brass for 300.

11F11861-BFFE-4BC7-9FC9-A7F01FA12DAB.jpeg
    C52640F7-C388-4BAE-8CA2-76D14987BB29.jpeg

Last edited:

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Widden makes a 300 Blackout trim die for the Dillon trimmer. It’s less than half the price of the Dillon die. It goes quickly.
    I have a new Squirrel Daddy jig if anyone is looking for one.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Its pretty easy using one of the tiny chop saws from Harbor Freight. Get the jig off of ebay. It makes it super easy.

Cut it at the base of the shoulder, run it through the resizing die, trim the case. Its that easy.

keep in mind if you use LC brass you have to ream the primer pockets. But it’s great brass for 300.

View attachment 245721 View attachment 245722
    What I did...
    Widden makes a 300 Blackout trim die for the Dillon trimmer. It’s less than half the price of the Dillon die. It goes quickly.
    I went with the Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Cutter. World's Finest? I dunno, but it works pretty good!

Built a neck annealer out of a microwave turntable motor, a 6" cake pan, and a propane torch... Also, seems to work pretty good on the cheap. Picture to follow...
    20210223_133248.jpg

20210223_133346.jpg

Last edited:

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin

It also isn't carbide and wont last nearly as long. Better than the GSI dies which wear out after a barrel, hopefully their heat treat is better these days.

Dillons carbide trim dies work very well, they are worth the price.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    It also isn't carbide and wont last nearly as long. Better than the GSI dies which wear out after a barrel, hopefully their heat treat is better these days.

Dillons carbide trim dies work very well, they are worth the price.
    For a side project to help out a friend it’ll do the job just fine. I don’t plan on doing more than a couple thousand over the next few months.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    What I did...

I went with the Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Cutter. World's Finest? I dunno, but it works pretty good!

Built a neck annealer out of a microwave turntable motor, a 6" cake pan, and a propane torch... Also, seems to work pretty good on the cheap. Picture to follow...
    View attachment 245789
    View attachment 245790
    I like this. Been watching videos all day on the different shapes, sizes and styles of annealers others have made and use. This is just right for my simple mind :) Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom