• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who cares if it’s ugly if it shoots good.

Hope it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I found one last month at the LGS. One of my buddies was looking for a .22 pistol so i told him about it & he picked it up.
    The feed lips on the mag chip easily & his has chips so the bullets don't seat well & causes stove pipes. It fires about 3-4 rounds then jams. We haven't gotten a full mag to run in it. I looked for new mags but they seem rarer than a unicorn. I was thinking maybe could 3D print some if he knew someone with a 3D printer.
    3d-printing a magazine wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. The materials used for 3d printing are not as strong as metal or polymer.
    3d printers are good for a lot of things ( I've got 2 of them), but I wouldn't make a magazine with one.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    If the Taurus shoots as good as mine, you made out like a bandit. Throw the funky one away (I had one of them for a brief time, no joy) . The Taurus, on the other hand, is excellent.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Got a couple pics from the guy. I'm on vacation so I won't get them until next week.
    17fbf3ce61a98b9c74ed6806698d845f.jpg
    0a804d038c24f7301b1b7c67a1ae4103.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    If the Taurus shoots as good as mine, you made out like a bandit. Throw the funky one away (I had one of them for a brief time, no joy) . The Taurus, on the other hand, is excellent.
    How finicky was it on ammo? Was it a mini-mag only kinda pistol? I've heard lots of 22 pistols don't work well without mini-mags.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    How finicky was it on ammo? Was it a mini-mag only kinda pistol? I've heard lots of 22 pistols don't work well without mini-mags.

Mine never gave one ounce of trouble shooting any .22 lr ammo.
    Until I quit cleaning and kept shooting.
    It finally gummed up after a few years.
    (And teardown is a lot easier than a Ruger of same vintage)

In spite of what others might think, or have experienced, the mountain eagle is one of the best 22 pistols I've ever shot. The only drawback is the scarcity of magazines.

See for yourself later.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas

It mostly had problems with the magazine. I think the constant force spring is a good idea, but this one seemed too weak. I really didn't try anything but MiniMags in it. It was relatively reliable, except for the mag. I don't know if the feeding issues were strictly the mag, or both the mag and the action. It was pretty similar to the Ruger, so you would think it would be pretty reliable, mechanically.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Mine never gave one ounce of trouble shooting any .22 lr ammo.
    Until I quit cleaning and kept shooting.
    It finally gummed up after a few years.
    (And teardown is a lot easier than a Ruger of same vintage)

In spite of what others might think, or have experienced, the mountain eagle is one of the best 22 pistols I've ever shot. The only drawback is the scarcity of magazines.

See for yourself later.
    Stay tuned. Mine might go on the market. I'll have to shoot it first though.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Man I forgot all about this range report. The mountain eagle shot very nice. I had a couple fail to extract but that could have been cheap ammo or it could just need the extractor tuned a little. Group size was about 1" at 7 yards. The group size from the Taurus tx22 was about 2.5-3" at the same distance.

The magazine was kind of a pain to load. With a little more practice it would probably be easier. I'm not really used to loading 22 magazines honestly.

The sights are BIG. And the front sight is bright orange. The pistol was shooting several inches high at the 7yard line which leads me to believe it was sighted in for 50, or even 100 yards. I didn't bother adjusting the sights because I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep this one.

All In all it was a fun shooter. It's weird how light it felt. It was like being 15 and shooting a BB gun again. Next time I'll have to take it to the 50 and 100 yard line and see how it does.

Top Bottom