• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    That title was a mouth full!

Wife and I decided that we probably don't need this. We may regret it in the future (we do live in a manufactured home, after all) but its also useless to us in its current placement.

I believe the manufacturer/brand is TornadoSafe. Here is a site that shows the spec's on it:

It is the 4x6x6'4" version - rated for 8 people (standing butts to nuts, I assume)

I called the business above and inquired how much they go for new, as prices are not listed. He quoted me $6,630 delivered and installed.

Ours is obviously not as cosmetically nice - instead of being installed in a garage or even carport, the previous owner put it out in the pasture. Door side in to a damn cattle lean-to, that he secured into the ground using rebar. Its sitting on the ground, and has sunk just a little bit (about an inch to inch and a half on the back side)

The neighbor who owns the property across the street from us tried using his 3500 lb rated excavator to move this for us - and it wouldn't budge - not sure if it was because of the grip of the earth on it, or this thing is heavier than my calculations. (I looked up how much 1 sq foot of 1/4 inch plate steel weighs, which is what this is supposed to be made from) and I come up with an estimated weight of 1800 lbs. It might weigh more. I do not believe it has a bottom plate, its 4 walls and a roof & a door from what I can see.

The fellow we bought the home & property from moved the thing from the neighboring parcel of land when he used to own that. Neighbor who bought that parcel said the guy used a small tractor to move this thing.

We just want to move it along to someone who has a more immediate need for such a thing, we can use the money toward other improvements on our property. We're asking $2000, as-is, with the buyer responsible for hauling it off.

A flatbed tow truck I think would make moving it way easier, as an 8k winch would not have much trouble moving the thing. Were I still driving a tow truck, I think I would've used the winch to topple it over onto some tires then slide it onto the deck onto some 2x6 or 2x8's. You could probably do something similar with a car trailer and come-along but it wouldn't be near as fast. The flatbed would be a lot easier for removing the thing too, as the bed tilts and the thing would slide off, and the operator could lever the bed against it to tip it up. Of course that is assuming a medium duty truck with an 8 or 10k rated deck, and not one of the lighter duty pickup-style trucks you see being operated, and the driver knew what he was doing and could think beyond loading something with four wheels.

This thing is located in the back of our pasture. Ground is solid when we haven't had rain.

H0Q6IQ8.jpg

5gQJuYC.jpg

XfQEkZ3.jpg

s3ilOyA.jpg

Al4idXS.jpg

ChLY9Oy.jpg

e7kG5bW.jpg

pzmn4r2.jpg

BtffcYH.jpg

uPFtuWB.jpg

ni4Yxak.jpg

*edited to make it s WTS/WTT thread*

Trades - I'm open. Guns, golf cart (in working order), bounce ideas off me and worst I can say is no thanks, right? Trades + cash always welcome.

Guns I'd be interested in:

Glocks
    M&Ps
    AR's
    Lever action Winchesters / Marlins in .357mag, .30-30, or .44mag

Could seriously use a working golf cart as well, small tractor / riding mower

Would entertain working vehicles as well
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Pour yourself a 20 X 20 slab, build a shop, place this inside as a gun vault. You have to use your imagination! Of course, you could use it to lock up the wife when she misbehaves. :evil: :roflfunny:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Pour yourself a 20 X 20 slab, build a shop, place this inside as a gun vault. You have to use your imagination! Of course, you could use it to lock up the wife when she misbehaves. :evil: :roflfunny:

I could - but its shoved door-first against a lean-to that I have to bulldoze or burn down - the former owner sunk rebar of unknown length through the base of the lean-to. Neighbor who bought their property from the same guy said he used a tractor to move the lean to into its current spot. Said neighbor asked about getting the lean-to from me, which I was originally amenable to, until I tried picking it up, to discover the rebar...

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I could - but its shoved door-first against a lean-to that I have to bulldoze or burn down - the former owner sunk rebar of unknown length through the base of the lean-to. Neighbor who bought their property from the same guy said he used a tractor to move the lean to into its current spot. Said neighbor asked about getting the lean-to from me, which I was originally amenable to, until I tried picking it up, to discover the rebar...

About 200 pounds of Tannerite would take care of it.

Top Bottom