• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    For that price, why not try them? I'm blind as a bat and need tri-focal glasses. But mine are cut so that the mid distance lens is at the top of the glass. When I shoot pistol I naturally tip my head down a little and use that focal point. Distance is in the center, and close up is at the bottom. No changing glasses to shoot.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    View attachment 419730

Last edited:

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I was introduced to SSP top-focal glasses several years ago an instructor when my glasses broke during a class. I've been using them ever since to compensate for my arms no longer being long enough. The top focal allows you to keep your head in a natural position to see the front sight and you can change out the lenses easily - different colors, prescriptions... They offer discounts for Vets, first responders, etc. as well

Since then, I've had students and other instructors that bought them after trying mine. They are worth checking out.

No, I'm not affiliated with them at all, but I wish I was....

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I use Jackson 1.5 magnified dual zone safety glasses. The center of the lens is unmagnified while the tops and bottoms have the 1.5 diopter. This allows me to shoot iron sight pistols with ease with the magnified top portion of the lens, then for red dots where I don't need magnification I use the unmagnified center on the lens. I also don't need magnification for the peep sights on an AR so the glasses allow me to shoot both on the range without much hassle. I also have the 3M version of these glasses, the 3M version is even better they just look nerdy. You can get both on Amazon.

Last edited:

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Anyone tried or use magnified shooting glasses like these?
    Magnifying shooting glasses
    Feedback appreciated.
    Hey TX,

What I did? Blessed, my eye Dr. is a competitive Air Pistol shooter.

Had right eye glass ground to about a four foot focus....(about a foot past front sight)

Left lens regular distance.

In speed events is good for about 10% time! (30 seconds down to 26 or 27 seconds)

Top Bottom