• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Magholder for shield plus 9mm
    16358876650736578700707828086974.jpg

First thoughts are I'm impressed with its retention. I cannot as hard as I try shake the loaded 10 round mag out of the thing. It has a spring steel retention clip that holds the mag and does so tightly. It orients the mag appropriately.

My only concerns are the clips that hold it on the belt. They hold shape well and hold the carrier securely but very snugly one the doubled part of the belt tail in the front so we will see if they stand up to that..

So far, happy!

Pic of the steel retention tabs.
    16358881241161273252145922022164.jpg

16358881990787173107615450795691.jpg
    Guns International

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Did you buy that cowboys shirt at academy?
    lol just messing.

I have one for the p365 and echo everything you said. My only complaint is it's a little difficult to remove from my belt at the end of the day, but it's better than being too loose.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Did you buy that cowboys shirt at academy?
    lol just messing.

I have one the p365 and echo everything you said. My only complaint is it's a little difficult to remove from my belt at the end of the day, but it's better than being too loose.
    I think it was Scheels. Lol

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Magholder for shield plus 9mm
    View attachment 286237

First thoughts are I'm impressed with its retention. I cannot as hard as I try shake the loaded 10 round mag out of the thing. It has a spring steel retention clip that holds the mag and does so tightly. It orients the mag appropriately.

My only concerns are the clips that hold it on the belt. They hold shape well and hold the carrier securely but very snugly one the doubled part of the belt tail in the front so we will see if they stand up to that..

So far, happy!

Pic of the steel retention tabs.
    View attachment 286238

View attachment 286239
    This is a great review! Thanks so much for being a Magholder customer! We are excited to hear what you think of the Magholder as time goes on. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This is a great review! Thanks so much for being a Magholder customer! We are excited to hear what you think of the Magholder as time goes on. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
    Actually, think about making deeper clips for the belt. I would ideally like to carry the mag at 11 o'clock but a doubled up double thick gun belt is just too thick for your clips. An extra 1/8 to 1/4 on an inch as an option would be great.

I'm not talking about the width of the belt i.e.
    1 1/4 inch or 1 1/2 inch belt. I'm talking thickness of heavier gun belts that are thicker leather or have stiffener sewn into them. The tail past the buckle we I'll make your clips pop of.

They are completely secure and sturdy on just a single thickness.

I hope I'm being concise on what I mean.

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Actually, think about making deeper clips for the belt. I would ideally like to carry the mag at 11 o'clock but a doubled up double thick gun belt is just too thick for your clips. An extra 1/8 to 1/4 on an inch as an option would be great.

I'm not talking about the width of the belt i.e.
    1 1/4 inch or 1 1/2 inch belt. I'm talking thickness of heavier gun belts that are thicker leather or have stiffener sewn into them. The tail past the buckle we I'll make your clips pop of.

They are completely secure and sturdy on just a single thickness.

I hope I'm being concise on what I mean.
    Makes perfect sense! Thank you for the feedback!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Update
    20220415_130631.jpg

I've been carrying daily for several weeks with this. I dont jump or run but my step tracker says I walk 15 to 20 miles worth of steps a week, I dont know how since I cant walk more than about 20 min at a time. I also have mowed trimmed built fence and crawled around on hands and knees digging crab grass out of the yard, i hate crab grass, as well as stepped off a 3 ft wall a few times, god that hurt.

The mag has never shifted nor has the mag holder came off my belt. The plastic clips are still as strong as when new with no loss of retention strength.

I have practiced several hundred draws since its oriented sideways, and the retention of the mag is the same with only a slight line/mark in the finish of the mag. See pic. 3/4 an inch above the notch. The actual magazine retention is accomplished with a spring steel piece that engages the notch. I was concerned with this marking the mag but that hasn't been observed in actual use with the exception seen in the pic.

16500485330434244574581546875737.jpg

Overall I'm very happy. In the past for horizontal carry I used a nylon knife pouch with a clip closure. This is obviously faster and thus better with just as good retention.

As I stated originally to @magholder the only improvement would be deeper clips for double thickness gun belts. I would rather carry a little farther forward but cant because the clips wont go over the tail of the belt without coming off.

I will definitely buy again for other guns if needed. Outstanding product and outstanding value. I'm as happy with this as my comp tac and concealment express products.

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Update View attachment 314164

I've been carrying daily for several weeks with this. I dont jump or run but my step tracker says I walk 15 to 20 miles worth of steps a week, I dont know how since I cant walk more than about 20 min at a time. I also have mowed trimmed built fence and crawled around on hands and knees digging crab grass out of the yard, i hate crab grass, as well as stepped off a 3 ft wall a few times, god that hurt.

The mag has never shifted nor has the mag holder came off my belt. The plastic clips are still as strong as when new with no loss of retention strength.

I have practiced several hundred draws since its oriented sideways, and the retention of the mag is the same with only a slight line/mark in the finish of the mag. See pic. 3/4 an inch above the notch. The actual magazine retention is accomplished with a spring steel piece that engages the notch. I was concerned with this marking the mag but that hasn't been observed in actual use with the exception seen in the pic.

View attachment 314166

Overall I'm very happy. In the past for horizontal carry I used a nylon knife pouch with a clip closure. This is obviously faster and thus better with just as good retention.

As I stated originally to @magholder the only improvement would be deeper clips for double thickness gun belts. I would rather carry a little farther forward but cant because the clips wont go over the tail of the belt without coming off.

I will definitely buy again for other guns if needed. Outstanding product and outstanding value. I'm as happy with this as my comp tac and concealment express products.

Great review, thanks for the honesty and support!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom