• ...and so much more!
  • MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Ditto on A&P Armory, Tomball Pawn and Bear Arms, good places to spend some money. Ron's makes a pretty decent hamburger but for bar-b-que you've got two of the best in Texas right in your neighborhood. Reveille Bar-B-Que is located at the Lone Pint Brewery right in downtown Magnolia and Tejas Bar-B-Que in Old Town Tomball.
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Beware of the Chevron station just south of Magnolia on 249, my CC was skimmed there 3 years in a row in years past. If you are going to have drive into Houston buy an Easy Tag or Texas Tag for the toll road. Load it up good with money as it goes as fast as you can buzz through the toll booths.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Beware of the Chevron station just south of Magnolia on 249, my CC was skimmed there 3 years in a row in years past. If you are going to have drive into Houston buy an Easy Tag or Texas Tag for the toll road. Load it up good with money as it goes as fast as you can buzz through the toll booths.

Yep, I've mad judicious habit of avoiding toll roads thus far, no desire to get a ticket + the fee. Those cars zipping by make me whimper just a tad as I poke along at 45-55. You have to go to one of the stations next to the toll booth to get an Easy Pass, right? I remember seeing a couple on the southern edge of Houston when we went to Galveston last Christmas.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yep, I've mad judicious habit of avoiding toll roads thus far, no desire to get a ticket + the fee. Those cars zipping by make me whimper just a tad as I poke along at 45-55. You have to go to one of the stations next to the toll booth to get an Easy Pass, right? I remember seeing a couple on the southern edge of Houston when we went to Galveston last Christmas.

I got mine from here:

You can order online and they'll send you tags. Put a credit card on file and it will automatically top off your account.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Avoiding them may result in a hour being added to a trip. 249 to 45 has more lights then I want to deal with. Each year I got skimmed getting my cc changed then adding to my easy tag resulted in a huge pita! Sure they will back out the fines when the account runs dry, but talking to an easy tag person sucks.

Hell I thought I got mine online, but had to wait for it in the mail.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    In January I accidentally ended up on 99 toll way w/o an Eztag and expected those 4-6 booths to cost @$250 in total. They sent a bill for actual toll costs, I was very surprised and pleased. :)

But I don't recommend anyone intentionally test the system :eek:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I believe you meant turbines, not mills. :)

Welcome

Its the Oregon still needing purged ;) We usually called them wind mills but yes, wind turbines. They're far more numerous, and closer together down here and seem to actually have enough to supply a good bit of power. Impressive to watch them work and see how the blades flex with the load.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Mel's is fair. Goodson's is better if your going to drive.
    My pop lives in Tomball, and since we're going into business together, I'll be out that way a lot - will have to give it a shot sooner rather than later.

I can also highly recommend Goodson's Cafe! I have eaten the CFS there many times. Excellent!

Glad you finally got here. Welcome. I'm not too far just north of you, outside Palestine and Elkhart.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Round trip from the medical center into Magnolia ran me $30.00 round trip. An extra hour of sleep on a Sunday night getting home @ 11:30 & getting up @4:30 for work on Monday was worth it! Now I no long work the festival I keep the tag.

249 to 45 into downtown tends to have wrecks that suck ass when your beat from the last 3 days being 18 hours.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Its the Oregon still needing purged ;) We usually called them wind mills but yes, wind turbines. They're far more numerous, and closer together down here and seem to actually have enough to supply a good bit of power. Impressive to watch them work and see how the blades flex with the load.

Wind mill
    e2095bde069d3ce9480f87d15d613ed9.jpg

Wind turbine
    ebe0851065608232a0d8e3d5a114cf41.jpg

Wind farm
    eb82456d509b5ed3334ce67cd430116a.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I got mine from here:

You can order online and they'll send you tags. Put a credit card on file and it will automatically top off your account.

Toll tag will save you a ton of time often. It’s worth it IMO. Even if you try to avoid using it, it’s cheaper with the tag than them mailing you a bill for driving on it. It’s often the quickest route.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom