• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I couldn't find what I wanted in the prefab world, so I made my own. It should be 430 total watts at 18v. It runs on Milwaukee 18v batteries and should get around 2 hours at full jam and 4 to 5 at half volume according to the amp meter. It's in an Apache waterproof case from harbor freight sprayed with a liquid dynamat, and uses a pair of JBL GTO series 6.5 components running 3 ohms and an 8 inch Planet audio sub running at 2 ohms. Now I just have to be OK with being "that guy" jamming my tunes.

20240421_123302.jpg

20240421_123247.jpg

20240421_122136.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I couldn't find what I wanted in the prefab world, so I made my own. It should be 430 total watts at 18v. It runs on Milwaukee 18v batteries and should get around 2 hours at full jam and 4 to 5 at half volume according to the amp meter. It's in an Apache waterproof case from harbor freight sprayed with a liquid dynamat, and uses a pair of JBL GTO series 6.5 components running 3 ohms and an 8 inch Planet audio sub running at 2 ohms. Now I just have to be OK with being "that guy" jamming my tunes.

View attachment 447786
    View attachment 447787
    View attachment 447788
    That's beyond cool.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Nice job. I’ve seen ice chest radios but never one made from a clam shell box. Best part is the integration of the cordless too battery.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Thanks for all the compliments. I used a cheap little amp from Amazon that punches above it's price point. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8H6J3NB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It needs bigger volume box for a port, but interestingly though, adjusting the air vent screw changes the bass. It seems to prefer being sealed. The box did flex a lot, but tighting the 6.5 speaker brackets braced it is much stiffer now. The flat area under the amp has a little distortion sound if you're listening for it. Just need to figure a way to strengthen it

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    Nice work. I recently built a Bluetooth adapter with a power supply to be able to stream music on my almost 50 year old Yamaha CR-820. Worked really good until the old receiver blew some components. Local shop wants a deposit of $950 before they will look at it. Too bad, I’m going to miss it. The new Yamaha AV Receiver doesnt sound nearly as good as the one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nice work. I recently built a Bluetooth adapter with a power supply to be able to stream music on my almost 50 year old Yamaha CR-820. Worked really good until the old receiver blew some components. Local shop wants a deposit of $950 before they will look at it. Too bad, I’m going to miss it. The new Yamaha AV Receiver doesnt sound nearly as good as the one.
    PM sent

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    update

I've finished setting the internal volume max to just before the speakers start to distort, and adjust trebble and bass. It's definitely not hearing safe if you're looking right at it. At 7.5 hours of listening, the 6 amp hour battery still had 2 bars on the on board display and measured 17.3 volts. I'm going to put in a 7 amp hour battery and call it a day. It should last 10 to 12 hours. I'll be plenty sun burnt or drunk by then.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    update

I've finished setting the internal volume max to just before the speakers start to distort, and adjust trebble and bass. It's definitely not hearing safe if you're looking right at it. At 7.5 hours of listening, the 6 amp hour battery still had 2 bars on the on board display and measured 17.3 volts. I'm going to put in a 7 amp hour battery and call it a day. It should last 10 to 12 hours. I'll be plenty sun burnt or drunk by then.
    cool project well done!

Top Bottom