• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    For those attending this course you may want to look at the 36/350 yard zero and the 50/200 yard zero. Either will be good for this course and we will discuss the advantages of both of them.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    For those attending this course you may want to look at the 36/350 yard zero and the 50/200 yard zero. Either will be good for this course and we will discuss the advantages of both of them.

mine are zero'd in @ 100, and i know my holdovers pretty good. I assume we're going out to 350+?

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    The farthest we will be shooting for this class is 75 yards. This is a gun-handling and shooting on the move class. We will cover fundamentals and shooting positions, but the majority of the material is over how to fight with your rifle.
    mine are zero'd in @ 100, and i know my holdovers pretty good. I assume we're going out to 350+?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    The farthest we will be shooting for this class is 75 yards. This is a gun-handling and shooting on the move class. We will cover fundamentals and shooting positions, but the majority of the material is over how to fight with your rifle.

figured that, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    90792cdb6ac2a0325a64cc5ca16e19eb.jpg

We had a great turn out and the weather was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    We had a great turn out and the weather was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep. perfect weather.

I'd recommend this course to those seeking to learn how to properly handle a rifle and increase their ability to employ it in life or death situations. I found the teaching to be solid in theory and in application.

This class covered marksmanship, shooting positions, trigger control, breathing, lateral and forward movement, threat assessments and follow through, tac reloads, admin reloads and more. If you have a new rifle or are new to the ar/ak platform this kind of class will allow you to work the kinks out of the machinery. Many students had to work through mag-related issues, double feeds, ftf's, and fte's, etc. The rain (downpours at times) added to mechanical issues some faced - but they got through it.

Much of the material was refresh for me, however I did pick up a handful of golden nuggets to help me improve my abilities - primarily with ambidexterity and transitions. Being heavily left eye dominant, transitioning to my weak side has always been a challenge. 360 degree assessments replaced the 180 degree + looking over the shoulder that I am accustomed to and the weather allowed me to see how I and my kit perform under cold, wet, then hot/humid conditions (Mobil 1 never had to be re-applied:clown:... that's right, i don't care about the baby seals).

The assistants (Jesse & Cullen) were great, professional and there was plenty of humor going around for those 2 days.

Great times and I to get to train with Jon, Jesse & Cullen again.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Neckbeard,
    Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you. I haven't observed anyone else teach transfers and transitions the way we do at SI. Look forward to working with you again.

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    The is the 2nd serious rifle class I've ever taken. Jon Payne does an excellent job as usual, teaching, correcting and not yelling. A rare skill. I learned some techniques I did not know, therefore reinforcing that I do not know what I do not know.

We faced some adversity from rain and lightning (for just a small portion of the class) and Jon did an excellent job of adapting and still teaching the class material. Jess Karen and Cullin brought some excellent value to the class and humor!

ANYONE who own's a rifle and intends to be serious about using it for self defense, should take this class.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    yep. perfect weather.

I'd recommend this course to those seeking to learn how to properly handle a rifle and increase their ability to employ it in life or death situations. I found the teaching to be solid in theory and in application.

This class covered marksmanship, shooting positions, trigger control, breathing, lateral and forward movement, threat assessments and follow through, tac reloads, admin reloads and more. If you have a new rifle or are new to the ar/ak platform this kind of class will allow you to work the kinks out of the machinery. Many students had to work through mag-related issues, double feeds, ftf's, and fte's, etc. The rain (downpours at times) added to mechanical issues some faced - but they got through it.

Much of the material was refresh for me, however I did pick up a handful of golden nuggets to help me improve my abilities - primarily with ambidexterity and transitions. Being heavily left eye dominant, transitioning to my weak side has always been a challenge. 360 degree assessments replaced the 180 degree + looking over the shoulder that I am accustomed to and the weather allowed me to see how I and my kit perform under cold, wet, then hot/humid conditions (Mobil 1 never had to be re-applied:clown:... that's right, i don't care about the baby seals).

The assistants (Jesse & Cullen) were great, professional and there was plenty of humor going around for those 2 days.

Great times and I to get to train with Jon, Jesse & Cullen again.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the course.

MemphisKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    San Antonio
    M4 Rifle Gunfighting

Attended the class over the weekend and it was well worth my time. I have owned and used my weapon for about a year and I can say that I came away being more comfortable with my weapon then ever and capable of using it for more then just shooting straight. Shooting on the move, engaging multiple targets, and switching to a side arm are now skills I can practice with confidence and use if the need arises.

The attention to detail was very pleasant as we learned the how to do it and the why to do it. Muzzle discipline and safety was constantly reinforced. We even had a teachable moment regarding safely clearing a weapon. Understood why it happened and the preventative measures taken.

Pacing was good , we were able to stay focused and engaged despite the weather. Hope I have the opportunity and will look forward to attending another class.

Kevin

Top Bottom