• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast

Rifle confrontations worldwide rarely exceed 25 yards. Rather than a long range marksman's weapon, our research shows the rifle will most likely be used just outside the reach of more conventional weapons, as well as within these closer intervals of confrontation.

This course will take the student quickly through the basics and impart the techniques necessary to deploy an M4 based rifle in a close interval emergency. This course is highly recommended for civilian defenders, military personnel, or police operators (we make no distinction in the material presented).

http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/160514-m4-rifle-gunfighting-sanantonio-tx.aspx#.Vl0RePmrTIV

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Question.
    The mentioned "25 yds".
    The linked page recommends a scoped rifle, spotting scope and rangefinder.
    Am I missing something?
    I was thinking irons or a reflex would be ideal.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Nope, I hope you have a suppressor or don't mind being on the end of a relay.:cool:

Sweet.

Matter of fact, I'm looking into that in another thread. If not, I'd use a pig or something to deflect down range. I may be universally regarded as an asshole but I'm not rude. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Question.
    The mentioned "25 yds".
    The linked page recommends a scoped rifle, spotting scope and rangefinder.
    Am I missing something?
    I was thinking irons or a reflex would be ideal.

Looks like a little info from my Recce/SPR course leaked over. In this course a reflex/RDS is ideal, but irons are good too. We'll go out to just over 40 yards, most training will be 25 yards and in.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Sweet.

Matter of fact, I'm looking into that in another thread. If not, I'd use a pig or something to deflect down range. I may be universally regarded as an $#@! but I'm not rude. Lol

If I haven't got another stamp by then I'll have my M4 Pistol as a spare.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    BTW, this course has more information and tactics/techniques than the TCOLE Patrol Rifle Course I teach. I've taught the AR platform in the USAF, Law Enforcement, and for Suarez International. I strive to take the information I've picked up along the way and impart those skills to my students.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    This course is just about half full. I am not a celebrity trainer and I don't run high enrollment courses/photo ops. I keep the numbers at a rate that I can run two relays to keep the class flowing. This course is about training material/information, some of the things we do you may not see anywhere else. Get signed up and see what we have to offer.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    What level of experience or proficiency is recommended to get most benefit from this course?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The course is great for a beginner or intermediate. This course is not for someone who's never picked up a rifle. A solid understanding of weapon safety and its application is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    What are the Tasks, Conditions, and Standards?.

Location, cost, and duration? Ammo requirements? Mag drills? How many mags, and of what capacity?

Not all of us have a USGI M-4. What is an acceptable alternative?

How do you distinguish between a beginner or intermediate? What the hell is an intermediate?

Be well.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

Location, cost, and duration? Ammo requirements? Mag drills? How many mags, and of what capacity?

How do you distinguish between a beginner or intermediate? What the hell is an intermediate?

Be well.
    Most of this is answered at the link provided.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Did you follow the link?

M4 is a generic term for AR15 with collapsible stock etc. Beginner - understands weapon safety/gun handling, basic understanding of fundamentals. Intermediate both of those plus understands proactive vs reactive reloads, immediate action, shooting/ fighting positions, but has not studied dynamic movement in the context of the fighting rifle.

Be well.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    This class is still several months out, but there are only 7 spots left. This will be an fun and educational course, don't wait too long, when it's sold out it's sold out.

Top Bottom