• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I've seen videos on youtube (whom I have recently quit supporting along with google) of the M&P disassembly and re-assembly, and everyone seems to have problems putting the loop of the trigger spring back over the pin where it belongs during re-assembly. one guy took a punch and held it in place as he shimmed the pin back into the gun, another guy put the loop on the pin and held it on with his punch while inserting the pin the rest of the way. It takes them 10+ attempts to put the spring back on, which seems a bit ridiculous. So I got to thinking there's GOT to be an easier way. If anyone knows of an easy way to put the spring back in place let me know please! thanks.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    The Apex trigger comes with a plastic dummy pin which holds the loop in place and is pushed out by the slide stop pin. The little yellow hunk of plastic makes it easy.

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    Replacing the trigger with an Apex is the only time I've had my M&P apart, and yes, the dummy pin made it easy. A further comment on the Apex......get one. It is well worth the money and the effort!

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    Replacing the trigger with an Apex is the only time I've had my M&P apart, and yes, the dummy pin made it easy. A further comment on the Apex......get one. It is well worth the money and the effort!
    is the apex essentially the same as far as installation? just slide th metal bracket of the trigger assembly into the groove on the sear block and then drop it down and feed the trigger pin thru the spring?

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    Sorry it's been a few days. Out on business and just getting back. What you describe is pretty much it for the trigger itself. The full kit has a few other items to add, but strictly a drop-in. Took about 45 minutes to do the entire change. Watching a couple of youtube vids made it easy.

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    Sorry it's been a few days. Out on business and just getting back. What you describe is pretty much it for the trigger itself. The full kit has a few other items to add, but strictly a drop-in. Took about 45 minutes to do the entire change. Watching a couple of youtube vids made it easy.
    No problem. so I was looking at this one. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191817 but what is the sear spring for? i dont really wanna take my sear block apart just to put a new trigger in..
    EDIT: ok I did a little research and found out that in 2010 the M&Ps transitioned to the newer 1/8" sear spring/plunger (which the apex trigger requires) and a newer more durable striker mechanism. After more research i found that my gun was manufactured in 2011, so I wouldn't need the setup that includes the stronger sear spring. alright! lol. small victory. I guess I'll go ahead and buy the trigger and when it gets here hope I can get everything set up and working. based on youtube videos it shouldnt be too difficult even for someone like me. But if not I know a local gunsmith where I live who will probably help me out.

Last edited:

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    Well I got my Apex trigger and installed it today. Its like a completely different gun. my over travel is reduced drastically and it doesnt require near as much force to activate the striker. absolutely love it. I also went ahead and painted the slide and my mags for that extra slick look.. Thinking of replacing the sear and the plunger for an extra smooth trigger pulling experience.
    GunBeforeAfter.jpg

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Very nice. I'm planning on dropping in an Apex trigger kit in mine after I pay off an ar sitting on layaway.

Top Bottom