• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigkracka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    dfw
    So I have a 22/45 tricked out and a TSG lightweight upper with threaded bbl. I started the paperwork for a suppressor and am considering another .22 pistol. How does the M&P pistol stack up?
    Hurley's Gold

extremist

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Keller
    I have the M&P .22 Full size, love it, works great with a suppressor. Haven't yet bought the M&P .22 Compact, but it's my go-to pistol for training new students in handgun classes. Love it.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Second the M&P22 full size, its been fantastic for me for several thousand rounds. I'm hoping to raise a few eyebrows with my M&P22 'CA' model. I've never shot a suppressor so I can't help you with that.

Attachments

• P2160001.JPG
      P2160001.JPG
      519.1 KB · Views: 326
    Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have one of the M&P-22 Compact models.
    It runs flawlessly with everything its been fed with so far.
    Accuracy is meh.
    Excellent for training.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I use to own a M&P22 full size. Ate every type of ammo I put through it. Accuracy was good for me

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve got the M&P22 full size. Great little gun except the sights suck donkey balls.

If you’re going to run a suppressor, you’ll need to replace both front/rear sights. I believe Dawson Precision has sets ready to go for that.

bigkracka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    dfw
    The sights wont clear a 1" suppressor? That sucks. Stick sights suck anyway, so....

How is the trigger? Crunchy like its predecessor?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I wouldn't know,I don't own one.
    I do have a Browning Buckmark,and a S&W 22A that I shoot suppressed,but they weigh 2-3 times what the little M&P Compact does. They all three shoot very well.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Does the trigger suck?
    Its not a competition gun but I wouldn't say it "sucks". Very light break, but because its mimicking the M&P trigger, its a little spongy. However I do not think the trigger affects accuracy; its such a light trigger it often breaks suddenly without you anticipating it. AFAIK Walther actually makes the M&P22 pistols, so if you've shot the Walther .22 pistols, thats a reasonable estimation of the gun overall.

Ladies love shooting the gun because its light, the trigger isn't as hard as a 9mm, and its easy to rack the slide for them. Its also been suprisingly reliable for cycling, even lower powered "subsonic" ammo for me.

If you're still on the fence, propose a range north of Dallas and I'll meet you there with my M&P22. You bring the ammo and shoot as much as you want. The only catch is you have to bring an interesting gun for me to shoot as well.

bigkracka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    dfw
    Its not a competition gun but I wouldn't say it "sucks". Very light break, but because its mimicking the M&P trigger, its a little spongy. However I do not think the trigger affects accuracy; its such a light trigger it often breaks suddenly without you anticipating it. AFAIK Walther actually makes the M&P22 pistols, so if you've shot the Walther .22 pistols, thats a reasonable estimation of the gun overall.

Ladies love shooting the gun because its light, the trigger isn't as hard as a 9mm, and its easy to rack the slide for them. Its also been suprisingly reliable for cycling, even lower powered "subsonic" ammo for me.

If you're still on the fence, propose a range north of Dallas and I'll meet you there with my M&P22. You bring the ammo and shoot as much as you want. The only catch is you have to bring an interesting gun for me to shoot as well.
    Very generous, thank you.

As a matter of fact I use to have a PPQ 22 and the trigger was decent. I sold it cause there were no sight options at the time. Otherwise solid pistol.

crzy_mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    US
    I have a compact and I love it, as stated above the trigger is a bit spongy but not bad overall.It's my wife's favorite at the range though.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I have the M&P 22 full size and I love it. It's accurate enough for my skills and feels good in the hand. I also owned the compact version. Aside from who builds which model, I sold the compact after a few range trips. It just didn't feel right to me considering I have the M&P in 9mm, 40 S&W and .45acp besides the 22lr.

Just my two cents.

Chris

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Very generous, thank you.

As a matter of fact I use to have a PPQ 22 and the trigger was decent. I sold it cause there were no sight options at the time. Otherwise solid pistol.

There are still no sight options for it, and the trigger is just meh ;)
    I changed the front sight for the fiber optic one, and the rear one, I hammered in one from the S&W M&P.

DBTX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2018
    Austin
    I have the MP .22 compact. Very reliable. I do get point of aim/point of impact shift with it when running the suppressor that i dont get with my buckmark.

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Just ordered an M&P .22 from GrabAGun for $289. Yesterday I went to an indoor range and rented one to check it out. Love the gun. It is accurate but sights are lacking a bit. Sometime I will put night sites like both 9mm’s

Top Bottom