• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Finally got out to the range to try out my new M10X and figured I would give it a review. I put Primary Arms MD-ADS (micro-dot) that I had laying around on it, and I was surprised that I didn't have to adjust it much.
    1110191135.jpg

Funny thing is, the Magpul magazines ran flawlessly, but the metal magazine that came with it had a few problems. Of course I only had the cheap Wolf ammo.
    1110191119_HDR.jpg

1110191135a.jpg

The recoil on this rifle, although a bit more than a 5.56, wasn't bad at all. About what my 300BLK has, maybe a little less.

Now I was shooting at 100 yards, so remember what TxStetson says, I can't hit the broadside of a barn. That being said, I was quite pleased.
    1110191335.jpg

(There was quite a few people shooting, so in my hurry I forgot my phone to take a picture before I pulled the targets. Also, while waiting I sighted in my 22-250, so those are the smaller holes)

The targets are 12"x 12" and the wind was blowing a bit, 10 to 15 mph.

I am very pleased with the M10X, and figure next time I will get some target ammo and see what she can really do. Also, I ordered some rail guards, hand stop, cheek riser and sling, all of which looks like I will have to rescue from the post office. I hate my postal service!
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 1110191135.jpg
      1110191135.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 1,144
    • 1110191119_HDR.jpg
      1110191119_HDR.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 1,010
    • 1110191135a.jpg
      1110191135a.jpg
      539.6 KB · Views: 856
    • 1110191335.jpg
      1110191335.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 909

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That's good shooting for a red dot sight at 100 yards. I'm sure with some magnification those groups would tighten up some. I run the wolf 124gr HP and some brown bear and get pretty decent groups with both. I don't think I have tried any quality ammo out of it yet like Hornady SST, but I would imagine it would be a good round.

I run a few metal mags, but mostly the magpuls. That's strange your factory mag is giving you trouble.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's good shooting for a red dot sight at 100 yards. I'm sure with some magnification those groups would tighten up some. I run the wolf 124gr HP and some brown bear and get pretty decent groups with both. I don't think I have tried any quality ammo out of it yet like Hornady SST, but I would imagine it would be a good round.

I run a few metal mags, but mostly the magpuls. That's strange your factory mag is giving you trouble.
    I was happy mainly because I was hitting the paper consistently. My eyes aren't that great anymore, so I'm sure that when I was younger I would be able to do better, but I don't think I could shoot .223 much better with no magnification at 100 yards.

I don't really know who makes the mag that came with the rifle, but yeah, I would have expected it to do at least as well as the Magpuls, but, oh well. I bought 5 Magpul mags the day after I paid for the rifle.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Follow up:
    After finally getting out to the range last week and doing a little closer shooting (about 25 yards) here on the property today, I have to say that this is one of the best acquisitions I have made. At this time I put a PA micro dot, Magpul handstop and rail covers, 1/4" cheek riser and a Blue Force Gear Vickers gun sling on her.

1116191152.jpg

At close quarters (within 50 yards) this rifle opens up a big can of whoop ass. Sad to say, more than my 300BLK, which I absolutely love. I have to believe that when I decided I needed a rifle in 7.62x39 that the guys at M+M had anticipated what I had in mind. I can't think how it could be improved upon.

As a note: I put the handstop and rail covers on since I had heard that shooting it rapidly can get a bit hot, and as far as I can tell they are doing their job.

Also I would recommend, if you are thinking of a two point sling, the Blue Force Gear Vickers is fantastic! I now want one on all my tactical rifles.

THIS ONE'S MINE, GET YOUR OWN! :cool:

Attachments

• 1116191152.jpg
      1116191152.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 1,505

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nice review. I've been wanting an AK style rifle myself and this might be it.
    Although it shoots the 7.62x39 cartridge and uses the same mags, I'm not claiming it's an AK or AK style. In fact many object to it being called a hybrid, and I can see their point. It's basically in a class by itself. The owner of M+M Industries, who was born in Switzerland, set out to take the best features of the AK,AR, FAL and Sig 550 series and came up with this rifle. What I'm impressed by the company is that in the early development they sent out the prototypes to the bigger reviewers and asked for feedback. The rifle evolved into what it is today through that feedback.

Now I'm sure there are those purists that will find fault in the M10X, but although I have had opportunity to shoot AK's, I was never that enthusiastic about buying one. There are good AK's and not so good AK's, but I was mainly an AR fan and they are not even close to the same. This rifle adds a bit of the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    KS-47.JPG

I like my KS-47 from PSA that uses AK 47 mags. The Pro Mag wouldn't fit but a couple of minutes with a file fixed that.
    MY other favorite is This Romanian one with the Magpul Zhukov Furniture with the foldable stock.
    Magpul.JPG

This is my SIG 556 R in 7.62x39 that uses AK47 mags
    MRO1.JPG

Attachments

• KS-47.JPG
      KS-47.JPG
      149.4 KB · Views: 721
    • Magpul.JPG
      Magpul.JPG
      39.3 KB · Views: 672
    • MRO1.JPG
      MRO1.JPG