• ...and so much more!
  • echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Hi C&R Junkies, a tidbit shared elsewhere,

I was meeting a gentleman at a midway FFL, to transfer some SKS iron. Hadn't been to this shop since the plague made people crazy, but you know the drill, check out the inventory. The racks on the floor were pretty bare, no pistols in the glass cases, and the hundred station rack behind the counter, only had about 8 slots with rifles for sale.
    Among those was a .30-06 FN49. Filed in my memory card.

So after the 10 Kali cooling-off cycle, I go back to pick up a Cowboy Companion barreled receiver that I DROSed. I happened to mention to the owner, I had some SKSs that I'd trade straight across for the FN49. What would it take? He knows I'm an SKS junkie/whore. Comes back saying 3 good ones would do it. "I'll be back" says I. The next day I show up with a Yugo M59/66 (neutered for Kali - Tapco muzzle device), a commercial NORINCO (non-milsurp), and a home grown Paratrooper (P50 front, Williams Fire sight, short threaded TriDelta brake) built from a CAI cracked stocked special. An "F" letter gun with matching metal bits.

"WE GOT A DEAL" he says. The FN serial is 1271, pretty low number. Has a couple minor issues, but other wise seems decent. I'm stoked. This will be my 3rd FN49. A garage sale Egyptian, and a 7MM Venezuelan as issued. PAX
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t understand having to wait 10 days for a gun. Nor do I know what a DROS is.

I take it you’re not from around here, are you?

Glad you eventually got what you wanted.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I don’t understand having to wait 10 days for a gun. Nor do I know what a DROS is.

Fo sho.
    Purchase what ya want show your Texas LTC and fill out the fed form.
    Take that baby home with ya.

10 days for what to let the buyer jones for 10 days or to make some cali leftist politician feel “safer”.

I say if you pass the BC by ol uncle then that should be that.

Silly feel good laws.

US has a bunch of um.

Sleepy wants a bunch more.

2A is pretty clear.

Guess politician’s don’t understand the definition of infringed so good.

Still far better than any other country.

BTW OP maybe s quick translation to english for us less restricted Texans so we can enjoy the fact we live in a FREE state even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX

It's CA lingo for being able to have the privilege to purchase a firearm in CA. 10 days is the "cooling off" period (10-24 hour periods, so you don't buy a gun and then go use it in a criminal "crime of passion" fashion) from the time you register (DROS=dealer record of sale-goes into state database for approval) until you are allowed (pending delays) to pick up you registered firearm (and not a second early). All firearm transactions must go through FFL. Limited to one pistol purchase (new) from FFL every 30 days=can only purchase 12 new pistols per year.

echo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI

That makes at least 2 of us that don't understand the wait as well. DROS (Dealer Record Of Sales), form 4473 generated.
    Prior to 2014, this could have been a Cash & Carry transaction (if a private party), being a C&R weapon. No Cash & Carry here unless you've got an 03 & a COE (Certificate Of Eligibility), then it's only good for long guns, pistols still need an 01 FFL transfer.
    Being it was at an LGS, paper case was mandated. But no money changed hands

Kali = California

Actually, I had been after a Hakim, but that deal fell through. Just happened across this LUX, and I'm ecstatic I did.
    I moved 10 SKSs to 3 people since December. PAX

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Actually, I had been after a Hakim, but that deal fell through. Just happened across this LUX, and I'm ecstatic I did.
    I moved 10 SKSs to 3 people since December. PAX
    Sounds like a guy I know from New York with the Hakim! The Egyptians didn't fair to well with them against the Israeli's?

echo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Sounds like a guy I know from New York with the Hakim! The Egyptians didn't fair to well with them against the Israeli's?

The T50 & T55 armor didn't do so swell either.
    In general, I'm told that Hakim is fairly accurate, and quick to 2 stage stripper clip load. I'm still interested in one. PAX

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That, I thought was, obvious when he mentioned the ten day waiting period in Kali (California).

As for DROSed, I had no clue either.

The thing is, in either instance just mentioned, it is confusing when people write or speak using abbreviations and acronyms expecting everyone to know what they mean. I try to avoid doing it, but guess I am guilty of it sometimes myself. Some acronyms like ASAP are so popular I would think any adult (who is an American English speaking person) knows its meaning but I found out recently not everyone does know it (although now at least one more person does after I explained it).

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    8ccfb20382a2519c0586e7e2193b3872.jpg

I has a swiss 1911 however it has been sportirized and rechambered to 308.
    Bought by my dad in early 70s for $15.00.
    Good shooting rifle just wish I could find a way to mount a better scope in it. I have a scope to use just need to figure how to mod rings to work with the side mt brkt it came with from umpteen yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Oh. Y’all think I care about the àsspain associated with being a gun owner there? That’s cute.
    I have no clue to what you are alluding when you ask if we think you care about "asspain" anywhere of any type. I was just pointing out it was obvious he was from California, as you had asked or said, that he was not from around here. I also just pointed out that acronnyms and other abbreviations can be confusing. What that has to do, in your mind, with "asspain" of any sort is beyond my comprehension.

echo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Asspain or not it's in my hot little hands now :cool: That make 3 FN49s for me, 7MM, 8MM, .30-06. I'll get pictures up some time. PAX

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Guess politician’s don’t understand the definition of infringed so good.
    Infringed they get.
    It's the "shall not" they struggle with. They seem to see it as a challenge and not a imperative.
    But what do we expect from a party who quibbles over the definition of "is"?

Top Bottom