Guns International

LTC: How long does it take, as of late...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Mine too took 2 weeks. Just a plain renewal, no special discounts or dispositions. Just a plain ol' civ.
    Btw, get ready for the gayest card in your wallet if you haven't seen the new design.
    IMO, they should not let Awwsten "otherwise-oriented" folks design stuff for normal people. My old LTC matched my DL. This new one is just funny-looking. Does not give off the vibe of an official state license.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Copy that. Should’ve read the first page. I’ve got my fingerprints scheduled for tomorrow. So trying to gauge how long till permit in hand.

You asked the same question in a different thread a few months ago.
    [/URL]

The official answer, assuming you have no complications, is within 60 days after providing everything DPS needs.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I was just advised my LTC arrived in the mail yesterday. 41 days from confirmation to receipt. Not really bad for a gov’t function IMHO. Thanks to @toddnjoyce for the below link posted earlier. It doesn’t do anything to the process of getting it approved, but good to see if there are issues needing to be addressed.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    I applied for my license on June 27th. Got all of the submittals together scan information into one scan and sent it in. July 27th I called to check on status. I was informed they were missing my class paperwork. I told gal that I was looking at the email and the one scanned PDF with the two pages.

She said resend the class paper as each page has to be a separate scanned PDF file.

If I had not called in my application would still be unprocessed and sitting on someone's desk. They don't call or email you if they need something.

Checked again today and was informed they received the paper and started to process on July 12th and to expect a 30-60 wait.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I applied for my license on June 27th. Got all of the submittals together scan information into one scan and sent it in. July 27th I called to check on status. I was informed they were missing my class paperwork. I told gal that I was looking at the email and the one scanned PDF with the two pages.

She said resend the class paper as each page has to be a separate scanned PDF file.

If I had not called in my application would still be unprocessed and sitting on someone's desk. They don't call or email you if they need something.

Checked again today and was informed they received the paper and started to process on July 12th and to expect a 30-60 wait.
    At least you went after it with a follow up. Those cats sure aren’t gonna chase you around. Glad you found the hole.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I don't know if mine was a record, but I got mine in literally 2 weeks turn around.

Took my LTC class in early August, got my LTC-100 paperwork, submitted it online that same day. I booked the IdentoGo appointment and got one in 4 days in Round Rock, got finger printed. Check a couple of days later on the DPS website, and all the status bars were green, even the "mailed out" status bar.

My actual ID arrived sometime in mid-August from DPS. It may have been exactly 14 days. Crazy fast.

Top Bottom