• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I believe you need a LTC to carry on your person in a car. You can have the gun in a glovebox without a LTC.

You’re wrong. Motorist Protection Act means you can have a handgun in your car, on or about your person, loses, as long as it’s out of sight. And of course you can’t be a prohibited person. By extension this means you can also have it on you on your way to and from the car.
    Hurley's Gold

jimijames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Texas
    If you joined a gun club, ask around. I'll bet you a dollar someone that visits that gun club can do your qualification.

And if you've lived in Texas for a month and all you have to show for it is a glock 19, you're not acclimating very well. I guess we can give you a pass with all the beer flu stuff, but it sounds like it's time for you to go shopping.
    haha. im working on it!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Yep, got a custom gun bag for when I lived in LA and transported my pistol.

I’m definitely going to get an LTC in the future, but it says I have to wait 6 months after being a resident. Also the dmv and dps are closed currently.

can’t wait that long to shoot some targets tho!
    Yep, got a custom gun bag for when I lived in LA and transported my pistol.

I’m definitely going to get an LTC in the future, but it says I have to wait 6 months after being a resident. Also the dmv and dps are closed currently.

can’t wait that long to shoot some targets tho!
    I see you have found our twisties.
    Curves.jpg

Attachments

• Curves.jpg
      Curves.jpg
      139.7 KB · Views: 304

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Month one of Texas life, and gun ownership has went well Gents. Thanks for the encouragement. Looking forward to getting another pistol (I currently have a Glock 19,) and a rifle next. I passed my LTC online course, but cant find anyone to give me the qualification yet. I have become a member of a local gun club as well. Learning to shoot. I liken it to holding a baby bird, the less I anticipate the recoil, the more accurate my shots are. Very zen. I still miss the mark, but Im getting more bullseyes as I practice.
    Where are you located?
    I might know someone.;)

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You’re wrong. Motorist Protection Act means you can have a handgun in your car, on or about your person, loses, as long as it’s out of sight. And of course you can’t be a prohibited person. By extension this means you can also have it on you on your way to and from the car.
    Thank you too for correcting me. others beat you to the punch. Ouch.

Top Bottom