• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    Any classes in Plano/Garland/Richardson? Last time I went asking around based on what folks had published on their websites I was 0 for 3.

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    Good luck to you. Our LGS cancelled all their classes due to the "pandemic".

And WELCOME to the forum!
    Thanks for the welcome! Thought I saw somewhere you could do the classroom portion on the intarwebs, then just do the shooting portion at a range. Think I'll look into that for now... this freakin virus has everyone losing their mind.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    FBC Wylie used to regularly have the classroom portion of the class at their location and you can find a range to do the shooting qualification. My wife and I went to The Gun Zone in Mesquite for the second part and it was great. They have someone there you can get scheduled with. The person that does the course at the church also has shooting qualification among with training beforehand if needed. He is former LEO and government of some kind.

Found the link: https://churchguntraining.com/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    I am in East Plano. I have trained several times with txconcealedcarry.com I believe they offer LTC courses. Shoot the owner Phil Ryan an e-mail at- instructor@txconcealedcarry.com He's a great guy.

On the reference to FB Wylie, there is a guy Scott Phillips who used to be associated with FB Wylie. He's pricey, but he does tactical training. He's former SEAL so not cheap but amazing classes. He's 'Tac Frog Global'- https://www.facebook.com/TacFrogGlobal/

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thanks for the welcome! Thought I saw somewhere you could do the classroom portion on the intarwebs, then just do the shooting portion at a range. Think I'll look into that for now... this freakin virus has everyone losing their mind.

It is not just the shooting portion at the range. If you take the online version of the class then you must take a one hour classroom session with the firearm instructor before the qual.

I don't think you will find a class other than a one-on-one perhaps.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I’ve got a couple of buddies that I’ve been trying get off their asses and go get their LTC. They are now wishing they had done it.

When this panic is over and the social distancing is no longer in effect, I’ll bet the LTC classrooms are full for a while.

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    I’ve got a couple of buddies that I’ve been trying get off their asses and go get their LTC. They are now wishing they had done it.

When this panic is over and the social distancing is no longer in effect, I’ll bet the LTC classrooms are full for a while.
    That's terrifying.

A bunch if people who only want the license to carry but have no intention of training further and who've made a legal purchase based on an emotional response due to their previous incompetency in life.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's terrifying.

A bunch if people who only want the license to carry but have no intention of training further and who've made a legal purchase based on an emotional response due to their previous incompetency in life.

Welcome to the Forum!

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    That's terrifying.

Yeah, I’m not terrified of a damn thing. I’ve seen some of those terrified types before though. They were wearing those pink labia majora shaped hats and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    How is it any different than in a Constitutional carry state? You don't need anything to carry a gun and I don't hear about all kinds of law abiding people accidently shooting anyone.

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    How is it any different than in a Constitutional carry state? You don't need anything to carry a gun and I don't hear about all kinds of law abiding people accidently shooting anyone.
    That's because the majority of the population are probably more squared away and familiar than say, California or nyc where the majority of this is happening.

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    That's terrifying.

Eh, that's not always the case though. I'm from Washington and had a WA carry permit, but after becoming a Texas resident I'm sure I'll have to swap over. What's weird to me is that WA (at least as far as I know)is a shall-issue state with no education or range requirement, and Texas has similar requirements as far more restrictive states.

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    I am in East Plano. I have trained several times with txconcealedcarry.com I believe they offer LTC courses. Shoot the owner Phil Ryan an e-mail at- instructor@txconcealedcarry.com He's a great guy.

On the reference to FB Wylie, there is a guy Scott Phillips who used to be associated with FB Wylie. He's pricey, but he does tactical training. He's former SEAL so not cheap but amazing classes. He's 'Tac Frog Global'- https://www.facebook.com/TacFrogGlobal/

Thanks for the recommends! I'll definitely check those out.

That being said I hate facebook, and it drive me nuts when folk's primary method of contact/advertisement is using a fantastically gun-unfriendly, privacy-destroying platform....

Top Bottom