• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've got a couple vortex gen2 1-6. The jm reticle is spot on. My main 3 gun rifle has around 20k rnds and lots of barrel dumps. Now I have a buddy that went with Burris 1-8 and coming from Vortex he likes the Burris

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I actually love the reticle on the vortex striker eagle 1-8 and much cheaper, the biggest difference really is glass quality and durability from my understanding and if you've ever used or just looked through a top end scope the difference is pretty significant. still in consideration on the lower end mid range optics though!
    I have 3 SE and have had 0 issues or am I just that good? Just because one spends 10k on an optic doesn't mean it's better, only cost more! To each is own.

W_kemp

Life is hard, it’s harder if you’re stupid
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    I have 3 SE and have had 0 issues or am I just that good? Just because one spends 10k on an optic doesn't mean it's better, only cost more! To each is own.
    It’s not a matter of if they work or not. It’s a matter of durability, reliability with hard use and glass quality. Also it’s SFP not FFP

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    It’s not a matter of if they work or not. It’s a matter of durability, reliability with hard use and glass quality. Also it’s SFP not FFP
    I don't drag it behind a vehicle, drop it out of a plane or drive over it with heavy equipment. My normal use and rough country abuse and it hasn't failed me yet. I've had more problems with 2k$ optics. I don't care if it's ffp, sfp, moa or mil I have them all and shoot them all without issues. It keeps me better rounded with knowledge.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Been eyeballing a Primary Arms PLX 1-8, but $1300 is steep.

Razor HD Gen 2e 1-6 is still $1400.

I wish I hadn’t sold the Razor HD Gen 2 I had…bought a refurb for $800, sold it for $1000, but now I can’t replace it for that cost. And who knows when AAOptics will get any more.

I might pull the trigger on the Delta Stryker for $800.

But first I need to settle-up and buy a Trijicon 1-4 from a certain member here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’ve bought several Swamp Fox red dot sights and all have been excellent. My next LPVO will be a Swamp Fox as well based on their service.

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    I like the Riton Line of scopes. Their upper end scopes are Japan glass and for the money, I think a good value…..I have several. They have a lifetime warranty replacement (not repair) to back up their product.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like the Riton Line of scopes. Their upper end scopes are Japan glass and for the money, I think a good value…..I have several. They have a lifetime warranty replacement (not repair) to back up their product.

They’ve got an X7 1-8 that I’ve been eyeing, it’s only $500.

I’m hesitant because all of their other X7 scopes have Japanese HD glass in their descriptions, but this one makes no mention.

Link to it for $500:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    Found this on the Riton website. You would think it would be something they would make easier to find.
    E94730AF-2A95-446A-8D79-17E096F20BEA.png

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    I attempted to email the question via the Riton website but I kept getting an error…. All the research reading I did before purchasing the several Riton scopes I have, resulted in a great comfort level of Japanese glass….and quality.

That is a great price of $500. I did a quick search and could not get close to that price. I am scope poor and can’t buy another…lol…

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Here's a thought. Instead of going with a LPVO, you could go with a RDS and magnifier, that's what I did. For a while I ran scope on my AR, as I wanted to have it as a DMR. Got to thinking, I will never have the distance around here to justify a high powered scope, maybe 200yrds max. So I put a RDS on it to save weight, to be able to get fast close up shots and still manage a decent shot out to 200yrds. Shot a friend's AR with a RDS/magnifier setup and found it worked very well, even out to 300. So I bought a magnifier and added it to my rifle. In less than a second, I can go to magnification for a clearer far off shot. The magnifier I have is 3X, and does me plenty good.

Top Bottom